::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a random secret shopper type job. I will be paid to go to the movies. Christmas showing of the Secret Life of Walter Mitty, here I come!

I've been absent. Sorry.
But I have to say... I'M GOING TO NAMM! Woo hoo!

I got a random secret shopper type job. I will be paid to go to the movies. Christmas showing of the Secret Life of Walter Mitty, here I come!

Nice. My friend has done a lot of secret shopping. I've gotten to eat some nice meals as wingman.

Andy,

Poho mojo your way. I have walked in your shoes recently. If you need any advice, I may be able to help you. I had to do some creative things to get by. PM me if you would like to talk telephonically.

Matt

So no word about the new position... But I've officially been "laid off" at work... I'll get all the time I had left and 2 weeks of severance and I get to stay on the insurance for 3 months... There is still a chance we will get to go back hopefully after the end of the year, but right now that's all the word I have... Becca is picking up all the hours she can at work and I'm officially a "stay at home dad" while I look for a new job/wait to hear if I get to come back to my current one...

(((Andy))) Major suckage! And right before Christmas, too....

Today I read a story in the IDS (Bloomington/IU's student paper) about a local woman on food stamps and how a lot of people's food stamps are being cut. I initially thought it was supposed to be an article about how tough it is for some people and how they rely on food stamps to get by, but by the end of the article I was pretty pissed off. By the way Bloomington has got to be the easiest town to be poor in in America, lots of programs,free food kitchens with dine in and carry out, free food pantries etc.
I don't think that was the reporters intention, but this is what I got out of it. She dropped out of high school, got pregnant at 17, has 4 kids by 4 different fathers, smokes Newports, smokes while changing her kids diapers, lost a job at the hospital for being late and absent too often, currently has high speed internet, has a live-in boyfriend that doesn't work (but clearly eats the food as seen in a pic). Towards the end of the article she mentions running out of food and money and getting $100 from her mom and goes to Walmart and buys among other things..... cigarettes. Then at the end, to top it all off she talks about waking the kids up at midnight when the food stamp card is renewed and going to the gas station and buying junk food for her and her kids. All this info was interspaced with quotes from her saying stuff like " I don't know what I could do differently"
Sorry, needed to rant.

Unbelievable, Mike. I think it may be more common than we care to think about....

As soon as it got dark this evening the snow started falling, and falling hard. We got somewhere between 4 to 6 inches in a bout 2 or 3 hours. Our plow guy hasn't been here, yet, but we're not going anywhere until morning, anyway....

As soon as it got dark this evening the snow started falling, and falling hard. We got somewhere between 4 to 6 inches in a bout 2 or 3 hours. Our plow guy hasn't been here, yet, but we're not going anywhere until morning, anyway....

Yes. That was incredibly draining, Freeda.

Came home and took hubby and Katie to dinner.

And YES! I ATE PIE, damnit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom