::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Spent the weekend at home getting ready for next weekend. We leave on Saturday for our week long hike across the island. Packing and repacking our backpacks. Creating meals for each day. Bought a few remade meals and made the rest. This trip there is water at each campsite so we won’t waste weight on that. Trying to keep my pack below 30 lbs.

I’m very excited.

Which Island are you hiking across?

Darned outside temperature keeps warming up!!

Which reminds me of a recent conversation with cousins Cooter and Bufford.

You see we were all at out at a dairy farm recently. This is the type of stuff you do for a fun family outting when you are with Cooter and Bufford. They thought it would be fun to see the Swiss girls from Jersey. At first I sort of wondered what they were talking about, but I figured it would be better just to roll with it and see what they were thinking.

Turns out that the dairy had Brown Swiss cows, and Jersey cows. Well Cooter and Bufford, being Cooter and Bufford, thought that there were actually Swiss girls from New Jersey at this dairy farm. Now anyone from Europe is considered exotic these two, but throw in being Swiss and from New Jersey, well that's just something right there.

For some reason they got it into their heads that being from Europe, these women would know something about cow bells. And they were really looking forward to talking to these women about cow bells. They kept researching things on-line, and then they'd write stuff down. I snuck a peek at what they were researching and was surprised to find that they were looking up things like the melting temperature for various metals, cows and sunburns, and a whole bunch of other odd things. You learn not to ask questions with these two.

So here we are over the weekend at this farm. They ask the farmer where the Swiss girls are from Jersey. The farmer looks over at me like, "Hey, do you realize these two are missing a few screws?" I just shrug. Finally after being asked several times the farmer asks them what they are talking about.

Turns out that Cooter and Bufford were wanting to talk to the women about cow bell warming.

Cow bell warming?

Yes, they had recently saw a video on the internet about cow bell warming and how it's affecting glaciers in Switzerland. They hear that this dairy farm had Swiss something, and something about Jersey.

Turns out their internet was going a bit wonky and the videos they were watching weren't buffering correctly. So I had to explain to them that it wasn't cowbell warming, it's Global Warming, but really people refer to it as Climate Change. And the farm didn't have Swiss girls from Jersey. They had breeds of cows that were Swiss and Jersey.

That was just to much for them. They figured I was loosing my mind because why would anyone want to change the climate? But what really got them was how on earth was a cow from Switzerland allowed on a plane to the US. They couldn't figure out who would give a cow a passport.

If you followed any of the logic in this story I hear that Cooter and Bufford and now looking for new relatives.

Nice blue sky outside today. But:

Chicago says today is the coldest high temperature on record for this day. About thirty degrees below the average temp for today.

I think you spent too much time with Cooter and Bufford this weekend.

What, you took the time to read that and edit it? The internet must drive u nuts.

I figured most people wouldn't read past the second sentence.

Gary, check out Southwest flights from San Jose to Honolulu. Some incredible prices.

Gary, check out Southwest flights from San Jose to Honolulu. Some incredible prices.

We missed them for our dates. But in response Hawaiian and Alaska both dropped their prices so our flight got much cheaper too.

winning

first night I slept more than two hours at a time.

I actually slept four hours before waking up, and then another two hours before I had to get up.

Top Bottom