Baker Street

WS64

Reaction score
I'm recording songs since I was 14, so my first recordings date back to 1978. And on none of these I used a harp (harmonica). This will change now! Here's me playing a Thomann Chromatic 40, plus my Schaepe soprano ukulele, the Kala U-Bass and some decent synth sounds (piano and percussion). Lead vocals, of course, by Laura, and background vocals by myself. The song is as old as my oldest recordings, and is called "Baker Street".

Wow! Really fun stuff. Some serious harp playing, but it's all good!

I remember this song and the sax riff. I like your version too :)

Some serious harp playing, but it's all good!
Well, I can hear some mistakes and scruffy notes, and too much breathing in the intro.
I bet in a few months/years when my harp playing has improved a bit I want to re-record the harp here!

Sounds GREAT to me WS64!!
I’m looking to invest (not too much because of the rubbish noise I make! lol) in some decent recording kit.
May I ask what kit you use to record?

May I ask what kit you use to record?
Not sure what you mean with "Kit", but you can see the whole recording environment (minus keyboard and computer) in the picture above.
Everything (except Laura's vocals, I don't know what she uses) was recorded through the Zoom H2 you can see in the left lower hand. Already 9 years old!

Brill! I have the ZOOM H5 I bought a while ago, although I haven’t yet played with it that much.
That’s given me some hope of nice clear recordings in the future (although none with YOUR talent, obviously! lol)
Thanks mate.

I loved this song when it came out. Great version! Thanks for sharing it here.

Love this song and the sax riff - you did a great job doing it justice on the harmonica- lovely as always WS64!

Top Bottom