Every Day Carry: What's in your pockets?

My kid sis who lives in Florida has her CCP, crime rate has dropped dramatically there since they made getting a CCP easier. ;) Is that a 1911 Colt clone? Do you have something lighter for daytime summer wear. :D

Me, just a wallet, cell phone car keys, and pocket knife. Used to carry a Kubotan but found I never needed it. ;)

Yes, Ahnko, that's a Colt 1911 clone. The weight isn't a problem in the right rig. I've never felt as though needed it in the daytime, anyway....

New poll: How many ukulele players carry plastic squeeze to open coin holders?

And where DO you guys find those things? Anachronism.com?

Cheers!

I can often find them in the jewelry department in Walmart, on the key chain rack. I'm due for a new one, as they eventually crack. I started carrying them years ago when all of my uniform pants had holes in the pockets, and I was losing all of my change....

Well, I use a mini-backpack for:
keys
pay-as-you-go phone
credit cards/ cash
business cards in holder
reading glasses
computer glasses
sunglasses
iPod nano
tissues
swiss army knife
dental floss
pen
earplugs (for loud movies)
folding brush w/ mirror
–Lori

Now I keep it pretty minimal, but my old winter jacket was army surplus and so had lots and lots of pockets. I had stuff like; a lens (for starting fires and magnifying), a lighter, a couple of pens, a Sharpie, a map of my hundred acre property, a compass, a penknife (with a screwdriver, knife, file, and tweezers), a tiny boxcutter, a few emergency dollars in coin, my wallet, a mini tape measure, a drum key, and a 4G flash drive.

I always find these threads kinda cool.

Anyway I usually carry (in no particular order)....
iPhone
Pager - programmed for Fire Company & Dive Unit
Watch
Folding Knife
Swiss Army Knife
Wedding Ring
Necklace
Silicone Bracelet - National Fallen Firefighters Foundation...."Everyone Goes Home"

In my truck....
First Aid Kit
Flashlights
Jumper Cables
Rain Jacket
Blanket
etc., etc.

My jacket has my iPhone and a spare battery, asthma inhalers, an Onya Backpack (ultra-light foldup backback made from parachute material), wallet (which has a credit-card size multi-tool) and a chequebook.

My car has army rations (for up to 3 weeks), a hunting knife, wind-up torch, small shovel, bungee chords and tarp.

I carry a folded tissue for nasal emergencies,a few coins and my
keys.The knife in your picture,over here in the UK would get you
arrested and a night in the slammer!

I carry a folded tissue for nasal emergencies,a few coins and my
keys.The knife in your picture,over here in the UK would get you
arrested and a night in the slammer!

Well, God Bless the USA. :)
And if I were visiting the UK, I'd bring something else anyway...like my Spyderco UKPK.
Designed specifically to be legal in the UK.

The knife I have in the first pic is legal in HI, but is illegal in some places in the US. I know that it's too big for Boston. So when I visit there, I've got to take a tiny knife like the BM480. I'm a law abiding citizen.

My weekday-carry-with-me list includes a soft-sided brief case (shoulder bag, carry all, man purse...whatever you want to call it) with a book, iPod & charger, phone charger, blue-tooth & charger (can't they make chargers universal?), work keys, pen, sunglass case, a "beard" comb and, lately, an elbow brace.

Otherwise, it's just a wallet, phone, sunglasses, keys and an iPod.

There was a time in my life that I carried a firearm (and a Spyderco) with me everyday. But selling guns for a living will tend to justify that. I don't find it neccessary to carry anymore, but I attribute that to a difference in job and location.

And fwiw, Arizona just passed a law legalizing concealed carry without a permit.

~Michael

Plain leather wallet, usually void of money. ;) Hand sanitizer, LG Neon, keys, and a ballpoint pen, usually. However, during the weekends I'll carry my trusty little Winchester pocket knife.

I'm a girl, I get to carry a purse. I have a ton of crap in there...some highlights are:

Wallet, keys, work keys, various pens, various lip balms in assorted flavors, 10-in-1 screwdriver, mini-first aid kit, a bottle of various over-the-counter stuff, flash light, Leatherman, Zippo, smokes, duct tape, GPS unit, iPod, Blackberry, zippered notebook, various gum ball toys, gum, mentos, tic tacs, Altoids, clip on tuner, squishy pineapple. Wet ones. Can't forget about the wet ones. And tissues.

There are other random things in there, but that's the list that makes it into the backpack when I change to day trip mode.

TAG Heuer 3000 Chronograph, titanium cable wedding band, simple tri-fold black leather wallet, purple Cross ion pen, purple Motorola W755, keys (with Lego R2-D2), Revos. If it's a workday, add a Blackberry Tour. Flashlights, tools, gym clothes, dental floss, toothbrush and toothpaste live in my truck.

ka mea `inipakeke:

cell (Blackberry Bold)
wallet (Gucci sans money)
keys
marker (sakura)
fitted cap (Fitted Hawai'i)
polarized sunglasses (Oakleys)
earbud headphones (sonys)

I carry so much around with me that I always take a little black tote bag or shoulder bag with my life inside:

wallet; book and or the latest sing Out! or Old-Time Herald magazine; zip-lock plastic bag of loose coins (for parking); bottle of water; a beanie (if it's not on my head); always a bit of food and jellybeans as I'm an insulin dependent diabetic...so I also always carry a little zip up "purse" with blood testing gear, and an insulin pen...

also, we are pretty much hermits and live way out in the bush, so whenever I go out it's pretty much always to work...so then I always carry a folder with hundreds of bits of song lyrics and chords falling out, a pitch pipe and my ukulele which kinda is like my go everywhere companion (I work as a carer and a D/T so I always get to play it).

Glad I live in a remote and relatively safe place and very thankful I don't feel the need to carry knifes, guns or any kind of weapon.

Lets see... gotta love the pocketbook, but I carry a very small bag--

-Keys
-Flashlight (I've been caught in a dark elevator and a powerless subway.. you better believe I have a flashlight on me at all times.)
-Girly supplies, including Motrin and Excedrin.
-Chap stick.
-Leatherman tool
-Debit card, drivers licence, nursing licence, Metrocard et al in a business card holder.
-Yuppy Food stamp
-Bunch of quarters
-Cell phone
-Ipod
-Gum
-Lighter
-Tissues.

and thats it, really.

Watch: Rolex (on my wrist, not my pocket)
Phone: Droid
Wallet: Coach
Sunglasses: Maui Jim or Oakley handing from shirt collar or on top of head.
Car keys.

Not much else for me. I used to carry a Leatherman Micro but it weighed too much if I wore dress slacks or suits. Also, I had two of them confiscated on separate occasions at airport security when I forgot to take them off the keychain. I just keep a full sized Leatherman in the car now.

This is what I carry on myself most days, 'cept the watch goes on my wrist and not in my pockets.
Ernest
pe1.jpg

I can't stand heavy pockets, so all I carry is a minimal set of keys, my wallet and a small flip phone. When I occasionally have to buy something with cash, I never carry the coins the next day. I just leave it on the dining table and it magically disappears.

I keep a large empty jerky can and drop the days change in it every day. At the end of 3 months I lug it to the coin machine and walk out with an average of 60-70 dollars.
Ernest

Top Bottom