::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 17!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of peeps are doing it, and giving it great reviews.

(I'm tempted to check it out, but I'm still working on stuff from the TBUG workshops, plus a bunch of new songs that got added to my learn lust, I mean my learn list.)

I am really enjoying the stuff from the TBUG workshops. I can tell some improvements. Like Sukie said, there is a lot of good information in the booklet from TBUG.

Liam and Bentley enjoying Doritos.

919476_10152047506097363_969164498_o.jpg

I believe it was part of the registration fee.

I put a music theory question out there. Feel free to take a stab at it. I think I'm headed in the right direction.

Do you mean the one about 12 bar blues lyric writing? I don't remember another theory question....

The chords already are 3 (or occasionally 4) part harmony.

I'm trying to do it, like when the UoGB plays they are playing different but complementary parts. So it's more interesting than a dozen or two dozen people all playing a C chord at the same time.

I feel like I'm doing a lousy job explaining myself. :)

I'm trying to do it, like when the UoGB plays they are playing different but complementary parts. So it's more interesting than a dozen or two dozen people all playing a C chord at the same time.

I think I understand what you're saying.

Ways to add to the tonal complexity is by having different chord inversions (differently tuned instruments helps with this). Add some slash chords, people playing different rhythm patterns, and all of a sudden you have more sound layers. I think that's what you're looking for...

I understand what you want to end up with. I think part of the answer would be to play inversions of the same chord. Some folks play in the first position, some at the second or even third. Some can play different, but complimentary, strum patterns. Some can play picked melody lines.

I've been wanting to achieve the same thing, myself....

I think I understand what you're saying.

Ways to add to the tonal complexity is by having different chord inversions (differently tuned instruments helps with this). Add some slash chords, people playing different rhythm patterns, and all of a sudden you have more sound layers. I think that's what you're looking for...

I wish I'd said that....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom