Anyone familiar with the Ukulele Station in Wahiawa, HI?

rhiggie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I recently bought a Pono ATDC (C) Cedar/Acacia Deluxe Cutaway tenor on Reverb listed by Ukulele Station. Their writeup sounds like they are a clearing house for new old stock and B-stock ukes, and some used ukes. I was surprised when the uke arrived in a HMS box with all the typical packaging. Are they a dept. in HMS for clearing out past models of ukes? My uke was listed as a 2014 but there's not a spot on it anywhere, even the case looks brand new. Anyone else done business with them? Just wondering...

Thanks, Rick

[h=1][/h]

I got a 2019 spruce top baritone delivered today! Got it for over $200 off - it plays and sounds amazing!

From what I can tell, it is HMS! My uke was a floor model with some minor scuffs. They buffed them out for me and it is absolutely gorgeous!!

The Ukulele Site has three locations. The one in Haleiwa, the one in Kakaako, and what is their kind of workshop and warehouse in Wahiawa. The latter is where they do their setups and boxing. All the guys who work there are great and friendly. I’ve been to all three places many times. I live on the island.

The Ukulele Site has three locations. The one in Haleiwa, the one in Kakaako, and what is their kind of workshop and warehouse in Wahiawa. The latter is where they do their setups and boxing. All the guys who work there are great and friendly. I’ve been to all three places many times. I live on the island.

Do you know whether the "Ukulele Station" is affiliated with "The Ukulele Site"?

Although they did not show his face, Corey was playing the demo of the Kanile'a KSDLX-C Spuce Koa

https://reverb.com/shop/ukulele-station

Description there says that they are an outlet of the Ukulele Site. Very clear description of what they sell and how they prep instruments. All Ukes I looked at had $25 shipping.

Became a Reverb store June 2019.

[EDIT: I just notice a few of the under $300 ship for $20. e.g., Pono MCD Mahogany Concert Gloss @ 299 +20]

Last edited:
I ordered my ukulele on the 18th, they did an expedited set-up, buffed out some scuffs, and it was delivered on the 23rd!

One other financial consideration for US customers. Reverb adds state sales tax to your purchase and shipping prices. Purchases directly from HMS doesn't (for most out-of-state customers). There's still 'deals' to be found, I'm just pointing out a few matters not encountered when purchasing from the HMS/Ukulele Site website. :)

Top Bottom