FS: books

Recstar24

Reaction score
All are mint condition, see below and feel free to offer what you feel is fair, will probably accept lol.

From lute to uke - Tony Mizen (Jumpin Jim's) SOLD

Learn to play fingerstyle solos for ukulele - Mark Kailana Nelson (Mel Bay) - SOLD
Ukulele tips n tunes beginners method and songbook - Jim Beloff (Jumpin Jim's) - SOLD
Understanding Ukulele Chords - Robbert van Renesse (Mel Bay) - SOLD

All gone!

Last edited:
Message sent $$$ ???

I am interested in the Lute to Uke, if you still have it. Thanks

Lute to uke is what got me started. I have Tony mizen's other books as well they are all good.

I know ill catch flack for this, but imo Tony has a bit more understanding of music and the way it should be structured than John king does by the way they both transcribe the classicals.

I find myself correcting the tabs on the John king ones (not the notes of course) regularly due to his stubborn persistence for campanella note playing. Not all classical music benefits from it musically (especially pieces like Scott Joplin the entertainer, I mean, what gives?)
Some pieces must have quicker attack and less resonance/more stacatto/portato, etc and mizen understands that.

Lute to uke is what got me started. I have Tony mizen's other books as well they are all good.

I know ill catch flack for this, but imo Tony has a bit more understanding of music and the way it should be structured than John king does by the way they both transcribe the classicals.

I find myself correcting the tabs on the John king ones (not the notes of course) regularly due to his stubborn persistence for campanella note playing. Not all classical music benefits from it musically (especially pieces like Scott Joplin the entertainer, I mean, what gives?)
Some pieces must have quicker attack and less resonance/more stacatto/portato, etc and mizen understands that.

I agree! Tony's lute to uke book is fantastic sounding which truly is due to his excellent writing and arranging. The book itself is very hearty and rich in content and the songs span all ability levels too!

Top Bottom