What ukes are being considered for rehoming?

I've got a lovely little pono mango concert with pono passive pickup I've got posted now on the marketplace. I had a Kanile'a Super Suproano Slothead with beautiful premium koa (I love its sapwood stripe) that I had for sale, but then I closed the thread and decided to keep it. Of course I just added a KPA Kanile'a Concert to my collection, so I am thinking about re-opening that for sale thread.

I am considering re-homing
1. KenTimms Cuban : landed up with the 17 fret variant and don’t need the 12 fret one
2. Martin 3M from 1920s: in great condition and no cracks but I need the $
3. TinGuitar 19 inch tenor with MiSi: don’t need pickup but need $

My KoAloha Black Label. Redwood top and Brazilian Rosewood s/b. As soon as I get my lazy butt up and take photos, it’ll be listed.

I'm selling a Taylor Big Baby. I use to love Martin's when i exclusively played guitar now i seem to be a starter Taylor guy. Got a GS mini the other day. I think the ukuleles brighter tone altered my ears haha.

This is a confession, i sometimes think of selling my Wunderkammer but chicken out every time. I (shoot me) mostly play my Ohana SK39 with worth browns. It goes EVERYWHERE with me and is still mint. The Wunderkammer lies in its hard case and gets minimal play.

Story of my life. I had a Martin D28 when i only played guitar and 90% of the time i played my last (i've had 3) Taylor Big Baby.

Your Wunderkammer sounds great!

Still own only one ukulele which is the one I started with which is an all-in-one starter kit from Amazon: Lohanu.

As I am doing some more challenging stuff I notice it lacks the sound I am looking for especially when I listen to the sounds of the ukulele's used in YouTube videos.

As for what I will be switching to; I am really not sure but fairly certain it won't be a Kala.

Just a note in this thread to say that I have now put a proper For Sale post on the UU Marketplace for my Hoffmann Lutherie/ Boat Paddle ML Style Tenor. It will only be available until I leave for the USA so I can hand carry it in the plane and ship it from New York City.
I’ll be flying out of Melbourne on the 7th September and would have to have been paid in full to my PayPal account before that date.
Here are a few photos but there are a lot more in the Marketplace section.
4D4960E6-F0C9-40DD-BBB8-4EA7254139C2.jpg

215087C8-65BD-4A8C-80BA-B2CF7FFDAF67.jpg

4E575F8A-4D39-4C8D-9FB0-5354E44794CB.jpg

D1E9757A-A522-4CF2-A2A3-928C062FD513.jpg

C95A07A6-096D-4AA8-B259-34ACDDE74684.jpg

The only uke I am thinking of rehoming is my Blackbird Clara

Hey, it's time for an update! Let's hear about the next round of UAS castaways! :)

For me it's a 2007 Ohana TK-30

I bought a recording king banjolele just before xmas. My wife somehow did not know that :)-) and bought me a Gibson UB-1 as a present.

RK has to go...

Also, I have a Bruno tenor banjo (tuned as a baritone uke) that I just can't get used to the scale on that will probably leave me someday if I can find the right home for it.

Thinking about letting my KoAloha Noah go.

UUer danersen was actively looking for one very recently. You might want to send danersen a PM.

Thinking about selling these. All are very nice instruments. But the tenors sound too close to other tenors I own. I just don't play these often enough to keep them.
I don't play sopranos. My wife decided she wasn't interested in playing ukulele.

Moodyville Sitka Spruce/Walnut tenor Ukulele - Gypsy Jazz-Styled Maccaferri Tenor made by Shelly D. Park (Hand signed label)

Kala Elite Custom Shop Sitka Spruce/Myrtle Tenor

KM Kevin Mulcock Custom Solid Walnut Soprano

I love this thread! Thanks for the bump.

Ahh I have one I can’t really disclose, but it’s as unique as it comes and appropriately expensive.
The only thing that could pry it from my hands would be another really nice electric uke like the Ko’olau CE or a dream super concert like the Kamaka HF-2L for the ultimate re-entrant C tuned high g uke.

I love this thread! Thanks for the bump.

Ahh I have one I can’t really disclose, but it’s as unique as it comes and appropriately expensive.
The only thing that could pry it from my hands would be another really nice electric uke like the Ko’olau CE or a dream super concert like the Kamaka HF-2L for the ultimate re-entrant C tuned high g uke.

I have a HF-2LD I would consider trading :)

I've pretty much decided to let my Moon Bird UT200 go, fabulous as it is my heart lies with sopranos.

Problem is I really hate selling things, and I'm a bit rubbish at it, so I'll probably end up trading it in and taking more of a hit than necessary.

Top Bottom