FS: Custom Kimo Ukulele-Adi/Brazilian Pristine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invguy921

Reaction score
Off the Market: Custom Kimo Ukulele-Adi/Brazilian

Custom Kimo Ukulele-Adi/Brazilian

--Off the Market--

Ok everyone, I'm new to this forum but many of you may know me from the Acoustic Guitar Forum where I've been a member for a bunch of years and bought and sold lots of guitars. I bought this Uke from a trusted friend on AGF, and right now I just need to raise some cash and so this beauty is for sale.

So here is a SWEET Tenor Uke that will just make your mouth water. Primo Woods including Adirondack Spruce and some sweet straight grained Brazilian!! !!! It looks amazing and plays great. It also comes with a very cool Reunion Blues padded carry bag.

Features:

Tenor Size
Top wood: Adirondack Spruce
Back and Sides: Straight Grain Brazilian Rosewood
Trim: Curly maple
Gotoh Tuners
Three piece laminated neck
Backstrap and heel cap Burled Maple
Carry Bag-Reunion Blues

Price: OFF THE MARKET Open to reasonable offers

Last edited:
It's a beautiful uke. I wish you had several other ukes to offer your opinion on the difference the Brazilian Rosewood gives to the sound over say Koa. I had a Brazilian Rosewood Larrivee once and have to admit, it did have a magical chime to it that none of my other guitars had. When I switched over to mostly playing ukuleles it was in the last group of guitars I let go, converting my guitar herd into a uke herd. But I just wonder with the smaller body of ukes if there's enough there to affect the sound. Whatever, it's rare and beautiful, good luck with your sale! Rick

This is a beautiful uke! What is the purfling? Is it turquoise stone or is it a fiber material? Very cool little touch of color.

Two things:

Does this have a radius fretboard?

On the front lower right bout, how deep is that mark?

This is a beautiful uke! What is the purfling? Is it turquoise stone or is it a fiber material? Very cool little touch of color.

Thanks for the question! The green is dyed wood that was put there just as a color enhancement. It is a nice Uke and the straight grained braz is hard to come by these days

Two things:

Does this have a radius fretboard?

On the front lower right bout, how deep is that mark?

First, it DOES NOT have a mark on the lower front bout, or anywhere on the guitar that I can find. I'll be happy to take and send you pics if you have interest in it.

Second, yes it does have a radiused fretboard

Thanks for noting the flaw in the photo. I'll get that replaced. The Uke is about as pristine as they come

Last edited:
First, it DOES NOT have a mark on the lower front bout, or anywhere on the guitar that I can find. I'll be happy to take and send you pics if you have interest in it.

Second, yes it does have a radiused fretboard

Thanks for noting the flaw in the photo. I'll get that replaced. The Uke is about as pristine as they come

You have three separate photos on your Smugmug gallery that clearly show a mark on the front lower bout. Plus, you no longer have a link on your post to that photo gallery. Very curious...

You have three separate photos on your Smugmug gallery that clearly show a mark on the front lower bout. Plus, you no longer have a link on your post to that photo gallery. Very curious...

Thanks for letting me know that it has a radius.

Regarding the mark, ... I would agree with Snargle that ALL THREE pics on your link show a mark in the same spot ... on the front side ... lower right bout. So it IS curious. Perhaps you can take a picture without it and post your UU ID and a date in it to give the buyer assurity.

I own a Kimo Ukulele and can tell you that they are amazing. I was considering another one with this wood combo ... they are THAT good.

What year is it?

Curious to see the other pictures, I did some quick sleuth work and found the gallery in question. The soundboard does appear to have a mark of some kind on the bottom side of the lower bout. Also, based on details in the photos other than the aforementioned mark, "pristine" seems a generous descriptor.

Still, if it plays and sounds good, those things might not matter so much. Any chance of an unprocessed sound sample?

Last edited:
I finally got back over to my office this afternoon only to find that indeed there is a mark there. I'm in total shock to say the least...and deeply disappointed. :( So, I've decided that I'll take it off the market until I can get it fixed, or just decide to keep it.

Sorry to make statements that I believed to be true which were not. It is not the way I function. I just literally was in shock to find the mark which obviously I made.

Thanks for bringing my attention to it as I certainly wouldn't want to sell it to someone assuming everything was good only to find that it wasn't.

My best to all until next time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom