Season 113 - "Yacht Rock!"

29moons

Reaction score

Yacht Rock Playlist

Sorry for the low volume, I was feeling very smooth. "Is that Yacht Rock? Turn it up dude."

Welcome to week 113 of the Seasons of the Ukulele, Yacht Rock!

From 1976 to 1984 the radio airwaves were dominated by really smooth music, also known as "Yacht Rock." These Yacht Rockers docked a remarkable fleet of number one hits.

Here's a few links that will provide some ideas for some great Yacht Rock.

http://www.helloloser.com/2013/08/05/top-100-yacht-rock-songs-91-100/ you can find 40 more songs by going to the other links on the page

http://www.reallysmoothmusic.com/about-yacht-rock/

If you're not sure if your song idea qualifies as Yacht Rock then ask yourself a few questions. Is it smooth? Is it a little cheesy? Is it AM Gold? These should help. But, if you're still not sure then check the links or you can PM me. I'm pretty lax on my themes, what's important is to have fun.

Here's a list of some popular Yacht Rockers

Kenny Loggins
Michael McDonald
The Doobie Brothers
Hall & Oats
Rupert Holmes
Al Stewart
The Commodores
Christopher Cross
Toto
Chicago
These are just a few

Smooth videos are encouraged but not required.

I'm pretty loosey gooseyon the rules so pretty much anything goes. Just don't get too liberal with the rules.

Rules:

I'm pretty loosey goosey on the rules so pretty much anything goes. Just don't get too liberal with the rules.

Here are some typical rules that tend to go week to week.

• The video should be a new video recorded for the week.

• Multitracking encouraged but not required.

• The video should say somewhere in the video that it is for the 113th Season of the Ukulele.

• Videos must be posted to this thread. Do not post any until midnight tonight Hawaii time.

• The contest ends at midnight Hawaiian time on Sunday night, April 20.

• 3 video limit.

Prizes:
Three lucky seasonistas will be drawn randomly from my awesome captains hat. Each winner will receive a smooth "Yacht Rock" mix CD created by me.

Last edited:
Well. This is a challenging season for someone with a baritone voice.

You said the magic words.

Kenny Loggins.

david soul

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i love him!

how very dare you! :eek:

i did "don't give up on us baby" for another season - what was it now? "season thingummy - fab gorgeous blokes you had a crush on when you were 10" ? something like that!

i did "don't give up on us baby" for another season - what was it now? "season thingummy - fab gorgeous blokes you had a crush on when you were 10" ? something like that!
I was more of a Huggy Bear man myself (although not in the pin up sense I hasten to add)...........The Seasons is where the elite meet and come to greet and eat and flee the feet who are so sweet with the finer things of life, beep-beep, beep-beep, beep. (spoken in my best Huggy Jive accent)

Great theme Moons

Last edited:
Huggy Bear! The sweetest pimp you ever saw. Thanks Myth. I look forward to your song.

I was more of a Huggy Bear man myself (although not in the pin up sense I hasten to add)...........The Seasons is where the elite meet and come to greet and eat and flee the feet who are so sweet with the finer things of life, beep-beep, beep-beep, beep. (spoken in my best Huggy Jive accent)

Great theme Moons

Ooooh CHEEEEESY. I can do that. Nothings gonna stop me doing a bit of Leo Sayer. I fancy a bit of over acting is gonna be called for on this one. ;-)

In my younger days people said I looked like him[I had a black beard too] now they say I look like Keith Richards !

Impossible!!

No one has quite such a "lived in" look as Keith Richards

Unless it's Mick Jagger :rofl: :eek:ld:

I love when I know right away not only what song I'm going to play but what I'm going to wear.

Not to hijack the thread, but I am on my way over to Season 109 to make sure I haven't missed anyone and I will get results up later today. I was doing much better and then I started coughing and was forced to pipe down. I hate both of those things. But I should be able to get through a nice, yachty number in the next few days, and not a moment too soon!

Oh, and also, I totally want to go on a cruise with concertina and BEVOMU. Every buffet would be cheese.

Top Bottom