custom uke makers that you recommend?

Shhhhhhh. I'm bidding on that one.

I have one of her walnut/spruce concerts, and a koa/spruce tenor. The concert is just getting it's voice. The Ukulele Spirits must really love Lori. If you're looking for seriously warm, harp like tone, that walnut/spruce is the answer. She sends them out with Worths. I may put a set of Aquillas on when the Worths go dead just for grins, but the tenor is always gonna keep Worths on it.... not going to tamper with perfection there.

Hi did you ever buy a kanilea uke? If not i know a man in LA who is selling his now.

Why didn't he just send it back to G string? By working on it he lost the warranty. Not a good plan...

hey bro i agree the G-string ukes are not to my liking..

but if you wanted a custom ukulele kamaka would be nice but yeah they arent accepting any orders right now. i would try kanilea joe is a very nice man and excellent workmanship. the ukuleles are so nice the UV cured finish is to die for. and their prices arent to bad too.

-thesoobz

ps i just recently got a stock k-1 tenor with an lr bags pickup thing is SWEEET. check it out on my page. for a k-1 the tenor is nice!

well I have owned and played just about every high end custom uke brands in the world from $1000 - $6000 models and have sold just about all of them and replaced them with Barron River Brand ukes I currently own 9 of them - www.brguitars.com

well I have owned and played just about every high end custom uke brands in the world from $1000 - $6000 models and have sold just about all of them and replaced them with Barron River Brand ukes I currently own 9 of them - www.brguitars.com

That's quite an impressive statement, this certainly has my attention, thanks for sharing.

C'mon, really...a nine year old thread?

There is an apparent epidemic of necroposting recently on UU since nobody sees dates any more.

I got a great little soprano from Al McWhorter at Spruce House Ukuleles (based in Eugene, Oregon) earlier this year, and I am extremely happy with it. Made with great care, intonates accurately, sweet tone. Cost was right around $300.00 by the time shipping was factored in. -Bill

Gee, looked up Tom Guy for fun, but Bluegrassukes.com no longer appears to exist. Would have liked to have seen one of his cigar box ukes. I kind of like this thread that's risen from the dead. Just looked up DaSilva because I'd seen it somewhere else, and enjoyed scrolling the rest of the thread.

Gee, looked up Tom Guy for fun, but Bluegrassukes.com no longer appears to exist. Would have liked to have seen one of his cigar box ukes. I kind of like this thread that's risen from the dead. Just looked up DaSilva because I'd seen it somewhere else, and enjoyed scrolling the rest of the thread.

I've heard that Da Silva no longer makes ukes, but I had the opportunity to play one a little while ago and it was phenomenal. It blew all the K brands out of the water.

I have 3 LoPrinzis. I love Donnas Ukuleles. They're well made, light, very resonant, easy to play, intonate well all way up fret board, well balanced. Beside that, she is easy to work with. I bought all of mine through Mike at Uke Republic.

Tom

I have 3 LoPrinzis. I love Donnas Ukuleles. They're well made, light, very resonant, easy to play, intonate well all way up fret board, well balanced. Beside that, she is easy to work with. I bought all of mine through Mike at Uke Republic.

Tom

I second LoPrinzi. Donna is definitely easy to work with. I will for sure be ordering a custom soprano from her, and possibly another concert.

I second LoPrinzi. Donna is definitely easy to work with. I will for sure be ordering a custom soprano from her, and possibly another concert.

I don't have a custom, but have one from the UU Marketplace.
I think that LoPrinzis are a great ukulele for a great price.

Top Bottom