UUBL: Fall 2011 Edition - Final Results in!

Okay, I'm in too. I really need to drop some weight. I think I have an idea for a prize to donate.

Can I still participate across the pond? Even if I'm not eligible for the prize, I'd still like to lose along with everyone else, so count me in, in any case.

I'm in. Lots of raw material to start with...

Thanks for the opportunity.

Still trying to wrap my head around the idea that you have to be a loser to win, but count me in!!!
"There are no losers."
"Everyone's a loser."
"Everyone's a winner."
My head's starting to hurt :D

OK, I'm NOT in. But, I'm cheering all of you contestants on! I've got a feeling there won't be anyone who puts out the effort that doesn't come out better off.

I made a New Year resolution to lose weight, and joined a biggest loser competition at my workplace. Between January and April of this year, I went from 240 to 200. I won the competition, and used the winning money to buy a new Yamaha FGXsc acoustic electric guitar. (That was before I became addicted to the ukulele). By June, I had hit my goal of 180.

The way I lost my weight was by adjusting my diet, and exercising. The exercising part isn't hard. I simply walk for 20 minutes in the morning, and spend 30 minutes on my elliptical in the evening, for at least 5 days each week. Walking, or treadmill, would be an equivalent substitute for the elliptical.

For the diet part, I used the "17 day diet". It is a diet that is broken out in 17 day increments. For the 1st 17 day period, you are very restricted on the types of foods you can eat. It is mostly leafy greens, salad veggies, chicken breasts, and fish. There is also a very good tomato based chicken soup that I am particularly fond of. It is served in generous portions. I call it "skinny soup" because it is low in calories, but high in flavor. This first 17 day period is designed to drop 10 to 15 pounds. The next 17 day period will add more food choices, but the weight loss will not be as fast. The subsequent 17 day periods add additional foods, and after four 17 day cycles, you are back to normal. The last cycles encourage you to change your eating habits by watching your portion sizes, and limiting high calorie foods.

I dropped a lot of weight, and I'm pretty confident that I will keep it off. I have become a lot more aware of what kinds of foods have the high calories that pack on the pounds, and tend to stay away from those. I don't feel at all like I am deprived of any kinds of foods. I now simply choose to eat less bread, cheese, fatty meats, and more veggies.

I did it, so I know you can too. Good luck in your competition, and even if you don't lose as much as you want, you will still come out a winner.

OK, I'm NOT in. But, I'm cheering all of you contestants on! I've got a feeling there won't be anyone who puts out the effort that doesn't come out better off.

I made a New Year resolution to lose weight, and joined a biggest loser competition at my workplace. Between January and April of this year, I went from 240 to 200. I won the competition, and used the winning money to buy a new Yamaha FGXsc acoustic electric guitar. (That was before I became addicted to the ukulele). By June, I had hit my goal of 180.

The way I lost my weight was by adjusting my diet, and exercising. The exercising part isn't hard. I simply walk for 20 minutes in the morning, and spend 30 minutes on my elliptical in the evening, for at least 5 days each week. Walking, or treadmill, would be an equivalent substitute for the elliptical.

For the diet part, I used the "17 day diet". .

Mike, thanks for the tips and support! Can you point us to a good resource for the "17 day diet" you used?

Thanks!

Mike, thanks for the tips and support! Can you point us to a good resource for the "17 day diet" you used?

Thanks!

Sure. I don't have the book anymore. I gave it to my daughter in law, who wanted to lose some pounds after the birth of our new grandson. But here are some links:

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/heal...-cons-of-the-latest-weight-loss-craze-2473100

http://www.amazon.com/17-Day-Diet-Doctors-Designed/dp/1451648650

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/17-day-diet-review

Please count me in! Been on a diet for a couple months now so extra motivation is always good!

This little guy is an ukulele Gnome, he doesn't play but he likes to sit and listen no matter how bad your playing is. He wants to move to the UUr's home who is in the lead at one of the marks in the competition Mim decides to award prizes.

IMG_0081.JPG

I have a prize to donate as well. Actually two. When this first started I believe there were weekly prizes? Why not do that again? Not MIm, but what can we all throw into the mix? I have a set of strings and a nice little ukulele bowl thingy.

Mim,

I will donate a bone nut and saddle set. I will make them depending on who wins to their measurements. When they win, all they do is PM me how wide, and thick the nut and saddle is, and the string spacing they want for the nut at which time I will cut and shape them. All they will need to do then is fit them in and install them on their uke to replace their plastic or other set they want or need to change to bone.

Award the set to whatever milestone you set in the competition.

Hey, I have some ukulele stick figure window decals to toss in. I'll donate one to every participant that makes it through to the end! (Someone will need to send me snail mail addresses to mail them to).

Awesome guys! I will update the list tomorrow and do a weekly assignment for prizes. I have some goodies I can throw in for a couple of the weeks. Maybe some swag stuff. So, if everyone else who has something wants to throw something in, that would be great so we can fill the weeks. But i think the every weekthing will be fun! So if you have something let me know And I will assign them to a week. If you dont like the week you have for any reason, let me know and I will switch it up for ya!!! LOVE THE GROUP PARTICIPATION!

I have a special idea for the gnome and will talk to provines about it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom