::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked blood pressure when I got to the Y. 131/72. After going round the track for 30 minutes @ about 4 mph 146/76. 106 bpm.

Winter storm today. The upside? The weather and traffic ladies on TV are pretty. The downside? We start the day in the 40s and will end in the teens. Rain, then freezing rain, then sleet, and finally snow. Share my (fake) joy.

We wouldn't mind some snow here. For the kids' sake anyway. I bet Kodi will be hilarious in his first snow. If we don't lose him in it, that is.

I'm trying to think of if I've ever had a boss younger than me.

I don't think so. I'm sure the principal I work with might be a couple years younger, but I don't really work "for her" since I'm thru the agency. And in most other things I've been the boss for years.

When I was a supervisor for the first time, I was maybe 21 the first time I fired a man in his fifties. I cried for two days. It was very hard and strange for me to "discipline" my seniors.

I was 25 when I was a supervisor. Had to give an honest performance review to an employee whose best friend was her previous manager. I gave her a VERY good review - she was an excellent employee, but nobody is perfect, no matter what your best friend manager says.

She was furious. I transferred to a non-managerial job not too long after that.

Oh, and I had to get in between two long-term employees before fists started flying once. I did tell them that if either one attempted a punch they'd both be fired. I think the phrase, "I'm half your age and more mature than the both of you combined" may have been used.

We wouldn't mind some snow here. For the kids' sake anyway. I bet Kodi will be hilarious in his first snow. If we don't lose him in it, that is.

That will be great. I remember coming to NJ during Christmas and the dogs had their first taste of snow it was hillarious.

Tonight - dinner with friend, stop in at Mom’s house, visit another friend, flyball practice
Fri - set up at show site for tournament, go to Kelli’s Aunt’s house for party
Sat & Sun - flyball tournament all day

What are your plans this weekend?

Hey Rafe - how's Kelli doing? She was the one whose knee was blown out by the sheep, right?

Tonight - dinner with friend, stop in at Mom’s house, visit another friend, flyball practice
Fri - set up at show site for tournament, go to Kelli’s Aunt’s house for party
Sat & Sun - flyball tournament all day

What are your plans this weekend?

Oh - and with regard to the weekend plans...

I don't think we have any (besides church on Sunday) and that's WONDERFUL!

I was 25 when I was a supervisor. Had to give an honest performance review to an employee whose best friend was her previous manager. I gave her a VERY good review - she was an excellent employee, but nobody is perfect, no matter what your best friend manager says.

Oh, and I had to get in between two long-term employees before fists started flying once. I did tell them that if either one attempted a punch they'd both be fired. I think the phrase, "I'm half your age and more mature than the both of you combined" may have been used.

Nice. I've had other people younger be a boss but this kids too much.

I managed people who lived in the hood, so I got to schedule people for shifts and sites based on who gave who a beatdown in a parking lot last night. It was an interesting insight into inner city living.

Also, I think that's the only time I've ever managed an alliteration string of four "I's" in a row. Interesting insight into inner...

I took up glassblowing last year. Here is some of the stuff I made...

Attachments

• 5C0FC962-B181-46A2-BE27-777944F13B9B.jpg
    5C0FC962-B181-46A2-BE27-777944F13B9B.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 12
  • 10578E06-0747-43E2-8D6D-D4DB0C963380.jpg
    10578E06-0747-43E2-8D6D-D4DB0C963380.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 10
  • E050D410-70FB-401A-86CF-48424FA5A26B.jpg
    E050D410-70FB-401A-86CF-48424FA5A26B.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 9
  • AD0B548C-32E3-4B06-AAB4-065D48E696F4.jpg
    AD0B548C-32E3-4B06-AAB4-065D48E696F4.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 9
  • E1E0804E-8234-4365-BE52-6BBE50F9FB1E.jpg
    E1E0804E-8234-4365-BE52-6BBE50F9FB1E.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 9
Too many yeast producing gases inside???

It’s not gas problem. Beer stops digestion for me. Then I have beer, and sometimes food, sloshing around in my stomach and feel painfully uncomfortable for a few hours. It’s a similar feeling to when I was preggo and had a body part pressing against ribs or sternum. I take a few sips of TKO’s beer now and again, then drink cider or something harder. Good thing he likes me. :)

Is Kelli fully recovered now? It was her knee wasn't it?

Oh good - I hope this is a sign that either a) I remembered it right or b) Gary and I live in the same plane of dementia, so at least I'm not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom