::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to go another healthy 30 years.

Of course ya never know, I might only have 30 minutes?

Or somewhere in between, is more likely?
I'm shooting for 80. I’ll be happy to get there. I really don’t want to live forever after being a care giver. I’ve seen sh!t I don’t want to live through.

I'm not gloomy and doomy. Really.

I just think it's ironic.

Like my lifetime fishing license. Doesn't seem like that great of a deal anymore.
Padre, I’ll slap him upside the head, I live closer.

I'm not gloomy and doomy. Really.

I just think it's ironic.

Like my lifetime fishing license. Doesn't seem like that great of a deal anymore.

Indiana had a great deal on the fishing license. If you're 64 YO it cost $17 for the rest of your life.
The only thing is I think I've been fishing twice in the last four years. But anyhow I'm all set.

I think rubies are in style this year.

Annie's birthstone is a ruby. She was due in August but arrived early. If she'd come in August Sheryl would have a stone for her in her mother's ring to go with Emma's topaz.
But yeah - $ruby > $peridot.

I have no crowns. Fluoridated water all my life. I really think it made a difference.

I have two, neither one related to tooth decay. One front tooth, the result of an overbite; constant friction for years finally wore enough of it away that I needed to crown it. Also a back tooth that lost a battle with a jawbreaker; they are aptly named.

Indiana had a great deal on the fishing license. If you're 64 YO it cost $17 for the rest of your life.
The only thing is I think I've been fishing twice in the last four years. But anyhow I'm all set.

I bought the lifetime license about ten years ago when the cost was starting to go up every year. I think to buy mine and Mika's was just under $1000.00. I remember thinking I was going to be around 60 before it paid for itself. The prices have increased so much that I think it almost paid for itself already. My friend said she just paid $48.50 for her license.

I did it because I didn't want to chew on one side of my mouth for the next thirty years.

Ironic.

30 years is pretty wishful thinking at this point.

None of us knows how long we have. My brother died at 37; I'm already nearly 20 years older than he ever was. My mom just celebrated her 90th. She retired at 62 because my dad did. Her comment: "If I'd known I was going to live this long, I wouldn't have retired so young." Live and love every day, that's all you can do. You have a beautiful wife and a beautiful son, and a vocation that makes the world a better place. If you spend the rest of your life worrying about when you're going to die, you'll reduce the value of the time you have.

I have two, neither one related to tooth decay. One front tooth, the result of an overbite; constant friction for years finally wore enough of it away that I needed to crown it. Also a back tooth that lost a battle with a jawbreaker; they are aptly named.

Shady dentist (2)

Big rock. My face. Crashing at 60mph. (1)

tooth decay (0)

None of us knows how long we have. My brother died at 37; I'm already nearly 20 years older than he ever was. My mom just celebrated her 90th. She retired at 62 because my dad did. Her comment: "If I'd known I was going to live this long, I wouldn't have retired so young." Live and love every day, that's all you can do. You have a beautiful wife and a beautiful son, and a vocation that makes the world a better place. If you spend the rest of your life worrying about when you're going to die, you'll reduce the value of the time you have.

I don't dwell on it much. Only when I write in my journal for James actually.

It makes me sad to think of all the things I may miss if it happens sooner than later. I get over it in about 5 minutes.

I think I just seem morose here because it's pretty much the only place I talk about it. You're my safe place.

Pity you only have a couple of Sermons left to give. I enjoy your words, I bet I would enjoy your sermons.

Reminds me of an old joke. A prankster parishioner noticed that the pastor drank deeply from a cup of water during his sermons, so he mixed 50% vodka into the padre's cup. After a particularly fiery sermon, another congregation member approached the pastor, commenting "I always thought that Cain slew Abel; I never knew he kicked the s** out of him!"

I might try to get my butt out to a uke meet up tonight.

(a sure sign that I just collected essays)

Not sure if I still do.

I definitely forgot the names of a lot of chord shapes.

I sometimes think of this cartoon in regards to UAS:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Doonesbury.jpg
    Doonesbury.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 30
There's someone sitting in their car right outside of McD's, literally rattling the windows with their car stereo. I'd like to wring his neck! Everyone in the dining room is complaining about the noise. You can actually feel it, as well as hear it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom