GREENSLEEVES - Played on LFdM

SoloRule

Reaction score
I have gone to the dark side ever since I received my DH6 guitar. After two weeks of enjoying the bass of a guitar voice, I agree it is time to reconnect with my ukulele again.
Here is a popular piece of English folk song . The second part is a bit different from the traditional melody. Hope you like it.

I have never heard that song before, is it new:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: Music thief, stealing my annual Christmas time open mic performance piece.

Nicely done, the last part was a fun change up. Almost dance music

I have gone to the dark side ever since I received my DH6 guitar. After two weeks of enjoying the bass of a guitar voice, I agree it is time to reconnect with my ukulele again.
Here is a popular piece of English folk song . The second part is a bit different from the traditional melody. Hope you like it.

Really nice!
A few questions:
which strings do you have on?
did you arrange it yourself?

As I said elsewhere about this, I love the playing young Brenda, and I LOVE your custom uke - LOVE with a capital 'L' !!!

Due to my having a lot going on in life at the moment, I haven't felt in the right mindset to have a go at recording anything new myself for some time now. You have just inspired me to pull my proverbial finger out and start having fun with my ukes & guitars/keyboards again! Thanks for posting this I really enjoyed it. X

Very nice playing. The second part was an interesting change up.

Very lovely Brenda, apparently Henry the VIII had something to do with writing Greensleeves.......not sure I would believe that! The LFDM Ukulele looks and sounds beautiful.
Mike

omg! omg! omg! that was so beautiful ukulele! what kind brand is that??

I have never heard that song before, is it new:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: Music thief, stealing my annual Christmas time open mic performance piece.

Nicely done, the last part was a fun change up. Almost dance music

Dave, I gave you three Christmases to show off your Greensleeves but you never posted it here. I figured you are probably trying to be a gentleman to let me do it first.

Really nice!
A few questions:
which strings do you have on?
did you arrange it yourself?

They are Southcoast but you can't buy them anymore.

The arrangement came from a book that was sent to me by a professional uke player in Taiwan. The second part of the song was played but the tab was not included in the book. Someone much much more talented than me name Mike Holland tabbed it out .

Pretty good tabs, and a good job

Hello my friend...Thank you for watching. I will check out your version soon.

As I said elsewhere about this, I love the playing young Brenda, and I LOVE your custom uke - LOVE with a capital 'L' !!!

Due to my having a lot going on in life at the moment, I haven't felt in the right mindset to have a go at recording anything new myself for some time now. You have just inspired me to pull my proverbial finger out and start having fun with my ukes & guitars/keyboards again! Thanks for posting this I really enjoyed it. X

I also said it elsewhere that I am glad this inspired you to pick up an instrument again. We all need inspiration from time to time. Just don't stop , we all enjoy your singing.

Lovely playing Brenda - and interesting chord choices, very nice!

Laurence
Thank you for watching :)

+1 Nice work Brenda :)

Thank you for the stars. It is much appreciated. I love stars especially from the master in Australia .

Welcome back, Brenda. I thought we've lost you to the 6-string...
Very nice arrangement. Lovely playing!

Thank you Joseph , I had to come back because ukulele still put a smile on my face !

Very nice playing. The second part was an interesting change up.

The second part is what draw me into learning the piece. Thank you for watching

Very lovely Brenda, apparently Henry the VIII had something to do with writing Greensleeves.......not sure I would believe that! The LFDM Ukulele looks and sounds beautiful.
Mike

Thank you Mike for tabbing the second section of the song . Sorry it has taken me this longggggg to play it. I was lost for a while. :D Lost and Confused.

omg! omg! omg! that was so beautiful ukulele! what kind brand is that??

It is a magic uke . Just as the title says it's a LFdM which is a custom built uke by the world famous luthier Luis Feu Mesquita . Here is his website if you want to read more about this great master.
http://lfdmguitars.ca/the-luthier

So Beautiful Brenda, thank you, Luis

Luis, I can never thank you enough for building me this beautiful instrument! Posting videos here is the only way I know how to show my gratitude to your magical creation.

Last edited:
Wow! Look at you, Brenda.
That sounds so lovely. I am glad to see you are posting videos of your playing, and I am looking forward to many more.

FYI, I might be getting back in the "uke game" soon; I have been gone too long.

Wow! Look at you, Brenda.
That sounds so lovely. I am glad to see you are posting videos of your playing, and I am looking forward to many more.

FYI, I might be getting back in the "uke game" soon; I have been gone too long.

Jason where have you been? Good hearing from you.

Top Bottom