Season 251 - It's Showtime!

This musical number from 1928 became a standard. I think the lyrics are very clever!

Snow? Where I'm going we don't need snow......

I love how smooth you are about wiping your googles clean. I have to admit my teeth grimaced when I saw you were headed for water. I really didn't think you could pull that off!

:bowdown:

I love how smooth you are about wiping your googles clean. I have to admit my teeth grimaced when I saw you were headed for water. I really didn't think you could pull that off!

:bowdown:

It's important to have clean googles.....

Anyone else have a song you know you can play...and you play it and every time you get to the last verse, you blow a change? So you try again.
Same result.
Again?
Same.
Turn off the camera and no problem...
That was night tonight. The times I played this without the mistake, well-only the dogs heard em

Just thought I would pass along the news to you all if you haven't already read that Seeso needs your thoughts and prayers. He has been diagnosed with colon cancer and is going into treatment soon. Its always nice to support those that have had a very big part in the UU community for a very long time.

Here is a vid of him singing a song that fits the theme this week.

All the best Seeso. Makes so much other stuff seem so less important.

In that vein of lesser importance... 3 run throughs, 1 take, while the nerve is still raw and before I've lost it...

Speaking of UkeyDave we are coming up to his the anniversary of his unexpected death. He died on my oldest daughters birthdate. Dec 20, 2014.
I miss him and his great personality. Thanks for bringing him along this week guys. Its only appropriate that we take a chance and celebrate him.
For you new folks that didn't have the blessing of knowing him here is his channel https://www.youtube.com/user/UkeyDave/videos

Miss you Dave!

In one forum or another Dave made over 327 videos. Peeps can find the complete collection here

OK - Last one from me this Season (I reckon). This was from the show about the Tolpuddle Martyrs. As the Martyrs were sent off to Australia a movement was started to try and bring them back home again. But not all working people joined it, since a great number of working class Tory supporters were taken in by the establishment's campaign against the Dorset lads.

So imagine the scene - As the Martyrs set off into exile, floating onto the stage comes a well dressed, but somehow totally shabby couple sitting on a fence (the comic potential of how to move across the scenario while sitting on a fence was fully explored :) ). The couple - "Mr & Mrs Fickle" - introduce themselves and then taking it in turns to sing the verses, explain their philosophy. The exact opposite of the philosophy that would bring the martyrs home two years later. I played Mr Fickle, of course :)

This is not a real entry because there's no uke around much less me playing one. But it IS from a show. This is with a band last night for a Christmas show and I just thought it might be...fun here. Forgive me:

This song was first performed in the 1937 film "Feather Your Nest". George Formby recorded this song in September 1937. It was added to the 1985 production of the Musical "the 1985 production of Me and My Girl". A version by Herman's Hermits reached No.9 on the US charts in 1966.

Top Bottom