Pineapple Ukuleles? Why?

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have 2 pineapples, KoAloha, Mainland Mahogany, plus a Surf Flea (which I guess you can consider a pineapple) and love them all. More pics of each in my proflie.
Regards,
Ray
You can hear them here.
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum

Last edited:
I have 2 pineapples, KoAloha, Mainland Mahogany, plus a Surf Flea (which I guess you can consider a pineapple) and love them all. More pics of each in my proflie.

That KoAloha pineapple looks and sounds sweet! :)

Ingrate, Why is your pineapple soprano your favorite? Thanks, I am complinating purchasing a pineapple.
Roxhum

It's a KoAloha! Fundamentally, that's it.

Having said that, I bought it after playing a number of Kamakas and KoAlohas while in Kauai'i (all sopranos). I handed them all back (including another KoAloha pineapple) until I played this one. It selected me, with it's volume, brightness, and sustain. "Play it before you buy it" is now my credo.

Last edited:
Mainland will have some concert pineapples with a 17 fret neck early next year. Mahogany body with Sitka Spruce top.

THAT, I am waiting for! Sounds really sweet!

Careful you guys, You're getting my UAS going again....I want...I want now!!!! MM Stan...:drool::drool:

Last edited:
Thanks for reviving this thread, @duganderson. Pineapples are fascinating. I’ve never had a chance to play one but would love to test drive a pineapple.
Ah! An excuse to talk about my new Ohana pineapple! Maybe it's just my imagination but the pineapple shape is very comfortable to hold and is very resonant. It's a shape that more uke enthusiasts should explore!

I’ll second the thanks for reviving this 13-y-o thread. My recently completed rework of a Famous FU-120P that had a pulled- away bridge.
1704739808228.jpeg
EDIT to the OP: I agree with others - a bit more bassy sound as compared to a figure 8 shaped soprano. No discernible difference in volume.

Last edited:
You’re incredible, @Oldscruggsfan — that artwork! (y)
Your praise is much appreciated, Pat. Your post also reminds me that I owe you a shout out because the strings my son is using on that same pineapple uke are the black aNueNues you so kindly and generously dropped in the mail last year.
I’ve not yet put either of the concert- scale necks and fingerboards to good use but will certainly do so.
EDIT: And, thanks again to @Ernie who opened a hard shell case he’d purchased and was ever- so- surprised to find a lightly abused Famous FU-120P inside, and to @Renaissance-Man for giving me the heads- up that the uke was available on UUF Marketplace.
Lastly, thanks again to @BuzzBD for making the new mahogany Martin (Grellier) -spec bridge which was a perfect fit.
And thanks again to Ken Timms (@Timbuck) for the fabulous video of how to install a bridge, and to Kevin Beddoe of Kinnard Guitars for patient and detailed guidance on using a used “A” string as a “floss saw” to remove the damaged bridge.

Last edited:
Your praise is much appreciated, Pat. Your post also reminds me that I owe you a shout out because the strings my son is using on that same pineapple uke are the black aNueNues you so kindly and generously dropped in the mail last year.
I’ve not yet put either of the concert- scale necks and fingerboards to good use but will certainly do so.
EDIT: And, thanks again to @Ernie who opened a hard shell case he’d purchased and was ever- so- surprised to find a lightly abused Famous FU-120P inside, and to @Renaissance-Man for giving me the heads- up that the uke was available on UUF Marketplace.
Lastly, thanks again to @BuzzBD for making the new mahogany Martin (Grellier) -spec bridge which was a perfect fit.
And thanks again to Ken Timms (@Timbuck) for the fabulous video of how to install a bridge, and to Kevin Beddoe of Kinnard Guitars for patient and detailed guidance on using a used “A” string as a “floss saw” to remove the damaged bridge.

The phrase "It takes a village" comes to mind! 🤣 This uke AND this post are some of the best things I've come across in a while! Thanks for your energy and creativity, man!

The phrase "It takes a village" comes to mind! 🤣 This uke AND this post are some of the best things I've come across in a while! Thanks for your energy and creativity, man!
I agree, Tim, that the phrase applies. Anyone who suspects that posts to this forum are nothing more than AI- driven clickbait and not actual human commentary is, per my direct experience, sadly mistaken.:)

Top Bottom