Trying out my new KMISE...

S11LKO

Reaction score
Quite a while ago I bought a KMISE banjolele from China. It was so cheap I thought it’d be interesting to see what one was like. I got the instrument, a bag, plectrums, strap and tuner ALL FOR UNDER FIFTY QUID!!! (UK pounds Stirling for my mates afar who may not be familiar with the term! lol)

I had a LOT going on in my life back then, and by necessity was travelling about all over the place, so I never really took it out of the box...until now. So I today thought i’d quickly try it out.

Please bear in mind that I am not, by far, an accomplished uke player, but after a bit of tinkering I am personally quite surprised by how well it plays and sounds. I’d be interested in your thoughts - good or bad...

Hope you could hear my applause from here. :)
Perfect song for the banjolele, and a fun one. Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks for sharing. For what I know the cost of those are, it's not bad. One of these days I'll have the guts to try doing one of these vids.

Dave, you nailed it. That is your style for sure. Chas and Dave material with the banjolele.............This was so good. I am humming away with the tune in my head. Very sad about the passing away of Chas Hodges a few months ago, but I sense an opportunity for you.......................How does this sound. Dave and Dave!!!!!
Mike

Thanks for sharing. For what I know the cost of those are, it's not bad. One of these days I'll have the guts to try doing one of these vids.

Listen...if you can command a Federation Intrepid Class starship with a crew of 157, you can manage a video or two here!! lol
I look forward to the day you do.
Thanks for listening and your comments.

Dave, you nailed it. That is your style for sure. Chas and Dave material with the banjolele.............This was so good. I am humming away with the tune in my head. Very sad about the passing away of Chas Hodges a few months ago, but I sense an opportunity for you.......................How does this sound. Dave and Dave!!!!!
Mike

Haha! If only mate. I'm afraid I'm a little old for a chance at fame now. I'm quite happy sharing videos both ways with my mates here on UU. My 'old codger rock band' video in the guitar section here is about as close to fame as I'm ever going to get. lol

I was lucky enough to go see Chas n Dave live about 6 months before he died and he told us he was 'all cured', so very sad indeed. Great heroes of mine the both of them.

Anyway, thanks as always for your encouragement and kind comments Mike. They are always greatly appreciated as you know.

Awesome job, Dave, and the Kmise sounds great! That tune, to my ear, has just a little bit of a George Harrison-ish flavor to it...
But the real star of that video is your headgear!

Awesome job, Dave, and the Kmise sounds great! That tune, to my ear, has just a little bit of a George Harrison-ish flavor to it...
But the real star of that video is your headgear!

Haha! I was a bit disappointed that the video clipped it off matey. It was my 6year old granddaughter's 'naughty elf' headband she dared me to wear!! She also loves singing and dancing - but then what 6 year old little girl doesn't?? lol

You can still get them off AliExpress. AU$120 + $2.70 delivery costs. Thats about £70 delivered to Australia.
What I like about getting a uke direct from China is the polite emails and the bright red tape on the boxes with the Chinese characters for "fragile". It can take a while though.
If only the Chinese people would stick to commerce and trade, and leave out the warlike stuff, they really would be a wonderful country to have on the planet.

I was playing with it a lot yesterday and it's certainly one of the best £50's I've spent. I'd certainly buy another instrument from them if I had need.

Good choice of song and well executed.It's not easy finding songs that suit the banjouke if you dont want to do George Formby.Never thaought of Chas and Dave.Sounds like 50 squid well spent

Good choice of song and well executed.It's not easy finding songs that suit the banjouke if you dont want to do George Formby.Never thaought of Chas and Dave.Sounds like 50 squid well spent

Thanks stanat120. I'm not a good enough player to do too much with it, but some Chas n Dave stuff DOES appear suited. And I also love a bit of George Formby, who's playing technique is waaaayyyyyy beyond my humble skills!! lol
But you're right. I feel it's £50 well spent.

Top Bottom