Graduated to my 2nd uke: Mainland Tenor Cedar

de24

Reaction score
A few years back I picked up a secondhand uke for minimal cost and started fiddling with it but never really had the time to learn the thing as I was in grad school at the time.

I've since finished school and am now devoting more time to my uke. Currently I'm working through Uncle Rod's Boot Camp and I'm about halfway through. Since I'm really enjoying this making music thing and want to continue with it, I thought it was time to graduate to my second uke.

After much research here and listening to clips on YouTube, I settled on the Mainland Cedars. A trip to my local music shop confirmed that I wanted to move to a tenor size.

However, Mainland and Uke Republic are currently out of stock. I did a little hunting and found that Sylvan Music in Santa Cruz CA had them in stock! I even went whole hog and had them install a MiSi Trio pickup for me.

I'll be getting plenty of instrument here and looking forward to a major upgrade in terms of sound and playability. It arrives sometime next week.

Thanks to everyone here on the forum. A fantastic group and a wonderful resource!

Best,
Kevin in LA

Congratulations! It sounds like you will soon have an awesome instrument.

Super! Post pictures. We always like to see photos of new arrivals. Also, never give your first Uke away. It will be your special Mua Loa.

Sounds good to me. Have fun. :)

CONGRATS on your new purchase!!! Now you'll really get into playing the uke once you receive it. Post some pics for us to see your new acquisition.

Super! Post pictures. We always like to see photos of new arrivals. Also, never give your first Uke away. It will be your special Mua Loa.

Will definitely post some pics for you guys to check out. Was planning on keeping my Kala KA-S laminate. Its got a sweet little sound that got me hooked in the first place. Might lend it out to a friend who wanted to get into uke though... gotta spread the love!

congratulations de24, i had my red cedar last week, you won't be disappointed the sound and the looks are awesome enjoy!!!!!

Well guys, as promised here are some pics of the newest addition. Forgive me if some of the photos are less than professional. It's tough to take good photos of such a glossy lass!

Enjoying it much already.

IMG_2869.jpgIMG_2874.jpgIMG_2879.jpgIMG_2880.jpgIMG_2882.jpg

Congratulations! Glad to hear you and your new ukulele are enjoying each other. I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship for you both.

Top Bottom