Animal Crossing!

Anyone else addicted to this? :O Just got it for Wii, and I still have the DS version kicking around. Let's invade each others' towns! :D

My friend code for the Wii version is 3824-2728-8410, my character's name is Willll, and my town's name is sin city.

I'll post my DS friend code soon. :3

I play the DS version. In fact, I just started over. My old town was... Well my brother called it communist Russia. Everything was perfect, the trees were all in these orderly rows, flower lined paths... trails... The museum was full.

In this newer version I'm trying to make a town that is a bit more organic...

My username is Valerie
The town is Shire
The FC is available upon pm!

I'm a good gamer, no seeds or pulling flowers, or anything like that. I just really like walking around new towns, talking to the residents, and checking out the shopping- and would like visitors who do likewise.

Last edited:
I didnt play my ds version for the longest time. I'm pretty sure its covered in weeds.
It probably got ransacked by Narnians too @__@

I dunno 'bought you guys but I had the old school Animal Crossing for Game Cube. Man oh man, those were the days.

I played the original AC on the GameCube to DEATH--loved it! I had various towns, always my main/original one and often a secondary town. Now I have my main town (with four characters in it) and Cat'r's town too (he stopped playing, so I traded him a blank cartridge for his town, since some of my people had moved there).

Then I played the DS version a lot, although in summer, at night, I always opened the gates before doing anything else so I wouldn't run into those two horrible icky bugs that I had NO intention of ever trying to catch! I have my main town and a secondary town also.

Then came AC:City Folk (or as I call it Desert Folk)--if you're in another country, it is probably AC:Let's Go to the Desert...errr City. DH and I made a town together, and we were working together well enough, although we both had separate towns in the past, and it felt really weird having to share. Then came the desertification. And when the snow came, there was hardly any snow, not enough to make snowmen. I did not feel like going back in time and stepping forward day by day through months and months to try to get the grass back. "Animal tracks" was an interesting idea that was very poorly implemented. DH and I stopped playing. Also, things cost so much more in AC:CF. DH says the game has gotten to be a "make-work" exercise.

If there is another Animal Crossing game, I'll probably get it. But they should seriously consider making some changes, plus going back to some of the good things in the original game, such as most villagers SLEEPING at night. I used to love night fishing, when everything was quiet and sorta lonely.

I love the DS version! I don't play it much anymore though. I'll post my friend code if I pick it up again. I was way into pattern making.

Coincidentily, I was looking online last night for when they are making a new one. THere is no news. :/ I would love a DS version that would allow you to make your own furniture and place objects outside your house!

Have you guys seen the Animal Crossing gashapons? They are so cute! I have pics of mine here:

http://www.loopfree.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=21860
http://www.loopfree.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=21864

And this is my ACWW gallery
http://www.loopfree.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=23694

I love the DS version! I don't play it much anymore though. I'll post my friend code if I pick it up again. I was way into pattern making.

Coincidentily, I was looking online last night for when they are making a new one. THere is no news. :/ I would love a DS version that would allow you to make your own furniture and place objects outside your house!

Have you guys seen the Animal Crossing gashapons? They are so cute! I have pics of mine here:

http://www.loopfree.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=21860
http://www.loopfree.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=21864

And this is my ACWW gallery
http://www.loopfree.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=23694

Oh! I didn't know what those are called! I have one! It's here.

I haven't updated, but here are my AC diaries.

I don't know when I'll get back to AC, as I'm mainly into Rock Band 2 and my ukulele at the moment!! :D

CountryMouse

I played a ton of the original GameCube Animal Crossing, very little of the DS and a decent amount of City Folk.

Haven't played City Folk all summer… but I would be happy to start up again.

Our town is named "Tardis", my character is "Gregory" and my Friend Code is "3523-5570-9073".

CountryMouse, I didn't run into the grass problem. Probably because I would only run on the same patches everytime and walk everywhere else. It did get annoying to have to tread different circuits when travelling to odd sections to avoid creating a new path. I think the re-growth rates should have been higher.

(That and my wife would completely ignore my paths. We won't talk about what happened when my son's reading level got good enough that he was allowed to play).

I played a ton of the original GameCube Animal Crossing, very little of the DS and a decent amount of City Folk.

Haven't played City Folk all summer… but I would be happy to start up again.

Our town is named "Tardis", my character is "Gregory" and my Friend Code is "3523-5570-9073".

CountryMouse, I didn't run into the grass problem. Probably because I would only run on the same patches everytime and walk everywhere else. It did get annoying to have to tread different circuits when travelling to odd sections to avoid creating a new path. I think the re-growth rates should have been higher.

(That and my wife would completely ignore my paths. We won't talk about what happened when my son's reading level got good enough that he was allowed to play).

We noticed the grass dramatically disappearing after Franklin appeared last autumn, because, seriously, you have to run around to find him. We didn't know about the running vs. walking at that time. And things never got better after that.

We also both had made our individual towns (in AC and AC:WW) "fruit factories" in the past (to reliably make lots of Bells), so that's what we did with New_Hope. It's impossible to put down pathways to each individual tree or anything close to that. And you need to harvest every...three? days I think it is to pile up the Bells. Also there was a lot of work involved laying down the acre and quarter-acre markers in order to make a perfect town, which we did achieve. After that, we did pathways for a while, but it was just so...ugly. I kept thinking how lush and beautiful my town of LarkRise was/is in the original game.

We thought not playing for 4 months, the grass might've returned somewhat. We didn't play from January until April (when what's-his-name-the-bunny showed up). Nothing, but nothing had changed, except for bugs, bedhead, and weeds. So we gave up. DH said also that it had gotten to the point that things in the game were "make-work", that it just wasn't fun anymore.

I haven't gone back to my DS towns because I'm afraid certain animals might leave! I don't want Cesar to leave Candlefd (Candleford) and I *definitely* don't want Dora (the adorable white mouse girl!) to leave Luisvill (Louisville).

I played "Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times" for a while this Spring--it's a type of AC game, but set at a magic school. But I gave up soon into it. I think I've reached my tolerance level of real-time "virtual pet" type things. I've been doing that sort of thing since 1997, when Tamagotchi first hit the States. :p I've even let my garden go to pot in the iPod Touch/iPhone app "Flower Garden". But I am pretty sure that when I go back, all I'll have to do is water everything, and all the flowers will perk up again.

CountryMouse, who didn't mean to write a book!

We thought not playing for 4 months, the grass might've returned somewhat. We didn't play from January until April (when what's-his-name-the-bunny showed up). Nothing, but nothing had changed, except for bugs, bedhead, and weeds. So we gave up. DH said also that it had gotten to the point that things in the game were "make-work", that it just wasn't fun anymore.

The series has always had a lot of "Make Work" I try to avoid the kinds I don't like and do the kinds I like.

I have always enjoyed landscaping and running orchards. I loved the addition of gardening, though getting hybrids is too difficult…

My wife typically amasses great wealth by fishing. Lot's of fishing.

I hated the "fetch quests" in the original game, where you had to track down some villager's gameboy or whatnot.

I love trying to capture every insect and fish—though I have never managed to play every month of the year, and have never finished either of those goals in any of the games.

Fun stuff. But it is easy to get tired of certain things and the game doesn't really provide relief from that kind of fatigue.

The series has always had a lot of "Make Work" I try to avoid the kinds I don't like and do the kinds I like.

I have always enjoyed landscaping and running orchards. I loved the addition of gardening, though getting hybrids is too difficult…

My wife typically amasses great wealth by fishing. Lot's of fishing.

I hated the "fetch quests" in the original game, where you had to track down some villager's gameboy or whatnot.

I love trying to capture every insect and fish—though I have never managed to play every month of the year, and have never finished either of those goals in any of the games.

Fun stuff. But it is easy to get tired of certain things and the game doesn't really provide relief from that kind of fatigue.

I guess it's just that things seemed much more expensive in AC:CF than in previous games, so we felt the need to make LOTS of Bells. I can't make as much money fishing as I can with a reliable source like fruit. :D

I never actually minded doing the errands for townsfolk in the original game or in AC:WW. I did mind having to take something to someone in another town, though, because that invariably led to one of my own townsfolk moving away! Eeep!

I managed to catch every kind of fish in the original game. I've NEVER caught all the insects, and there are a couple in AC:WW that I don't want to get anywhere near anyway, so... :p

I think for games lately I've gotten pretty addicted to various iPod Touch/iPhone apps. And of course Rock Band 2. :D

CountryMouse

I think for games lately I've gotten pretty addicted to various iPod Touch/iPhone apps. And of course Rock Band 2. :D

I think we will pick up a used copy of RockBand (2, 3, whatever) in 5 years when both my children are old enough to play it with me and my wife. That will be fun.

I think we will pick up a used copy of RockBand (2, 3, whatever) in 5 years when both my children are old enough to play it with me and my wife. That will be fun.

There is a "no fail" mode that would make it fun for kids. Although sometimes I think some of the lyrics are a bit too "old" for kids, if you get my drift. Ooo ooo, but Cat'r downloaded three Spongebob Squarepants songs. I haven't tried singing them, but I have played bass on them.

Cat'r loaned me his Wii and Rock Band 2 for the Wii, plus the guitars when he got a PS3 and RB2 for that. That way, when he comes up to visit, he doesn't have to cart the Wii + guitars back and forth. And I can practice/play when he's not here. :p

CountryMouse

My girlfriend and I share a little island town called Mapleton...it's not much but it's home :)

I don't have a wii, but I still use my Game Cube! We even use the AC to do our "New Years Eve Countdown."

I am proud of my nerdity!

I still think the original Game Cube version of Animal Crossing was and is the best of the three.

That's cool about using the AC NYE Countdown that way! :)

CountryMouse

I wish they'd make a new version for DS.

I played ACWW for about a year and a half. Completed the catalog, caught all the bugs and all the fish.

And was out of things to do.

I tried collecting all the animal's portraits (but writing letter after letter wasn't much fun.)

I tried Magician's School (but sold it back two days later.)

Right now, I'm starting my AC:WW game over and waiting for the company to get their act together and come out with a new version.

I mean heck! The game came out in 2005 and is still $35 for a new cartridge! They could make a killing with a new version.

Bunnyflower, I'm so pleased you admitted that! The kids and I counted in the New Year with AC this year and last :D

I play ACWW, have done for years - I tried CF but couldn't get into it. It was more awkward trying to control with the wii remote. I restarted my game a couple of weeks ago, but you can go to AC websites (like Animal Crossing Community) and order free items for your game, so I ordered in lots of Royal Crowns which Nook buys for 300,000 bells and paid off my mortgages already, have Nookingtons etc. If you want to come over my details are:
Sylvie/Oceana/0646-6666-2127
I have heaps of crowns left, all fruit and play it far too much of you just want to hang out.

Valerie - I've been really hoping for that too, like maybe AC Island Hoppers or something! There are so many more features they could add than CF explored.

I don't have the Wii version but played the Gamecube version just about every day for nearly a year. I collected all of the bugs and fish and was quite close to completing the catalogue. AC:WW was great fun but I don't think I quite got all the bugs. My interest seems to wane during the winter months so I missed a lot of the snowman stuff in the DS version. Keep meaning to go back to it but real life means I lost interest in doing game chores every day.

I love Magician's Quest. It's not as immediately intuitive like AC and it takes a few game days before they reveal how everything works which I think lost a lot of players attention at the beginning because in my opinion the hook is the weekly quests but they timed the release poorly so people had the game for over a week already before the first special event quest started.
However it does have some neat features which give a nice change from the usual AC routine. I'm going to wait until I have a lull in interest with the games I'm currently playing and then jump back into it.

Top Bottom