Show us your ukes!

Nice ukulele! love the curls...congrats!
I got my Kamaka HF-3 (tenor) special this week and took some pictures. It's hard to capture the beautiful curls in the Koa, but you can get an idea of what it looks like. It's really dazzling in person! My other uke is a Martin concert with Aquila strings. I might restring the Kamaka with Aquila strings too, I'm not sure if I like the Kamaka strings. I'm going to let them break in a bit before I decide. I think I've been starting at the Kamaka more than I've been playing it, I just can't stop admiring it! :smileybounce:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14145154@N03/sets/72157637926051476/

Gorgeous trio Steve. Play on!

Thanks, Dennis. I meant to ask, how is that Kinnard Cedar/walnut tenor settling in? From my guitar experience, cedar starts out better than spruce (I have a cedar/walnut classical guitar) and opens much faster. How does it sound after a couple months?

Steve

My new Koaloha concert scale Sceptre with his best buddies. Godin MultiUke, National Triolian, and Kenny Hill Ukebrand Kumalea. With my wife's customized Mainland and her Koaloha concert.

Hardcore Uke p***!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 61
We get a lot of photos in at Ukulele Rhythms- just wanted to share with you a really nice origami bird inlay by Kula Custom Ukes...

_DSC0034.jpg

Here's a project I just finished. I found a very cheap uke at the local thrift store for $7 the other day. The action was way too high and I suspect it was strung with something akin to fishing line. Anyway, I sanded down the nut, put some decent strings on it, and painted it. I figured if it messed up the sound, I wasn't out much money. It was a lot of fun to play with, and it still sounds very nice for something I only have about $20 invested in. 20140126_142814.jpg20140126_142925.jpg

my "collection"...got some string swings a while back for less than $10 ea. and hung my laminates.
IMG_1578.JPG

Scott Wise Concert. Number 495

Australian Blackwood. Ebony fretboard with flame highlights. Hand carved wood bridge and nut.

Currently using Red Series strings (which suit this uke to the ground) I'll record some playing on an iPhone and post it up.

Wood chosen
picture012.jpg

Body assembled
picture027.jpg

Finished Product
P7116997.jpg

P7116998.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my latest addition, Beltona Songster Tenor Resonator. Body is fibreglass.

Painted in Mazda Veolcity red, with a little black overspray on the edges to darken.

Sparkly!

Gotoh tuners

h

I'd like to show off my preciouses too! :)ukes.jpg
From left, a cheapie Mahalo strung with Worth strings-pretty nice sounding for a cheap uke, an Anuenue LaniIII-lovely sweet lilting tone, a Kala reso- almost a banjo like tone, and a Buzz Box cigar box uke which is made by a guy in NSW Australia-this sounds the best out of all my ukes surprisingly!

I have a Anue Nue Lani III tenor also. Lovely instrument.
h

Scott Wise Concert. Number 495

Australian Blackwood. Ebony fretboard with flame highlights. Hand carved wood bridge and nut.

Currently using Red Series strings (which suit this uke to the ground) I'll record some playing on an iPhone and post it up.

Wood chosen
View attachment 63539

Body assembled
View attachment 63540

Finished Product
View attachment 63541

View attachment 63542

Very nice, Scott Wise!
Thanks for sharing!

attachment.php

I'd like to show off my preciouses too! :)View attachment 63591
From left, a cheapie Mahalo strung with Worth strings-pretty nice sounding for a cheap uke, an Anuenue LaniIII-lovely sweet lilting tone, a Kala reso- almost a banjo like tone, and a Buzz Box cigar box uke which is made by a guy in NSW Australia-this sounds the best out of all my ukes surprisingly!

Oh man that cigar box is beautiful!!!

I was wondering how you like your Hola, daisylynn. I bought one of their cases for my soprano, and it is very nice for the money.

I'm new to the forum, but I'd like to show off my baby if ya'll don't mind. Here's my Martin S1 w/ custom lutehole and Hilo strings. The lutehole dampens the sound enough not to aggravate the neighbors, plus I think it looks pretty good.
image.jpg

Top Bottom