WTB Beginner Soprano For Grandson

bahama.blue

Reaction score
5 year old grandson birthday coming up soon and ready for his first uke. Something around $40 would be perfect. A Kala dolphin or similiar would be great. So if you have a used starter soprano not getting played.....Thanks
Strum on, Mike

Where are you located?

The new plastic Kala ukes are like $50 new and I think you can get a blem bugsgear for $40 I'm not certain on shipping. If you wanted to go new and plastic.

~AL~

Thanks for all the replys! Was not familiar with the Waterman, but looks like perfect for what I'm looking for.

Cheers, Mike

The waterman has very high action and is not adjustable. May be good enough considering his age, but thought you should know that. I returned mine.

Kala's KA-15s for $54 is arguably the best value I have found. I just bought one for a friend and was impressed when it arrived almost in tune and intonation was pretty darn good. String height at the nut was darn near perfect. Just a slight shave on the saddle at the first string shave would be only only tweak required. Other than that a totally solid little uke. It beats my little Harmony's I started with. The laser etched rosette deail was a nice touch.

Found a KA-15s for $39 and should be perfect for his first uke. Way better than my first. Thanks for the info Librainian!

Top Bottom