UWC 2012, Ukulele World Congress

Mike, we love you for all you do to make this awesome event happen. You and Tootka are good people. Can't wait to see you both.

Okay people, all we need to do is all start running the same direction and we can make the earth turn faster and get UWC here without all the intolerable waiting!

Okay people, all we need to do is all start running the same direction and we can make the earth turn faster and get UWC here without all the intolerable waiting!
The waiting is the best part. Well, the final weeks of waiting. Not the mid-June to May part, though. This is fun. I have started collecting things in my UWC box. I'm practicing my songs, arranging my vacations days and getting my work done, reading all the posts about it, etc. nah, don't make it go any faster. It'll be over soon enough.

Since the list gets so long, I'm considering asking people to stick to a 2 song limit for the open mic (exceptions for people who flew half way across the world to be there and also maybe groups/duets). Any thoughts?

Since the list gets so long, I'm considering asking people to stick to a 2 song limit for the open mic (exceptions for people who flew half way across the world to be there and also maybe groups/duets). Any thoughts?

Good idea. It gets way too long.

gong-show-inline.jpg

Sounds great, says the person with only 1 solo and a duet.

Yup Mike. Sounds good. And no 45 minute sets! I wish we knew how many ppl would be at the field thursday.

Sounds good to me. I think we did that last year but we kind of waited until halfway through before Uncle E asked folks to cut it back some. I wasn't able to stick out the whole open mic either night because I'd have turned into a pumpkin on the field. LOL

John

Well my plans got messed up.... but I guess getting full time job is a good thing. There's no way to take the 1st off so I'd end up getting to UWC late Friday night.

I'm sure it'll still be worth if even if my time is shortened.

Good idea. It gets way too long.

Agreed. We should also look at getting the crowd watching a little earlier, too. It takes a bit to get it warmed up.
We'll figger it out!

Remember what you told me, Mike! You gotta make the stage, arrange the sound, get the shitters and build a bonfire pile. Everything else will happen!

Oh, yeah... And the MC gets to hug everyone who plays!

It'll happen and it'll be wonderful!

Agreed. We should also look at getting the crowd watching a little earlier, too. It takes a bit to get it warmed up.
We'll figger it out!

Remember what you told me, Mike! You gotta make the stage, arrange the sound, get the shitters and build a bonfire pile. Everything else will happen!

Oh, yeah... And the MC gets to hug everyone who plays!

It'll happen and it'll be wonderful!
I think the reason the crowd doesn't gather at the stage earlier in the day is due in part to the heat and the lack of shade up close. I know I could only take a couple numbers before I had to retreat to the shade of the awning.

Well my plans got messed up.... but I guess getting full time job is a good thing. There's no way to take the 1st off so I'd end up getting to UWC late Friday night.

Yes, Ryan. It is.

Congrats on the job. Work is the curse of the ukin' class. :) It's definitely worth the trip, though.

John

Boy I wish I would have know about you a couple of weeks ago. The Flea Bitten Dawgs played a show in Ozark AR and would have rerouted to met you and do some jammin'!
so...we're thinking of trying to come...we'll ask our kids, 13 & 10, they may or may not want to do this adventure...might have to get grandma to house/kid sit...it's a (by Google map) 10 hour drive...from eureka springs, arkansas.
then there's our restaurant...can it survive without us there???!!! in our little town, it's our annual blues fest weekend...might be busy...but,...boy,...i would surely like to get away and 'really meet all of y'all..strum a little, learn some things...can i convince my cooks to cover for me? ply them with overtime and free beers...oh! the dilemma! if we don't make it, hope there is another video of how great a time it was! and, philpot...GO! philpot's mom, ah, c'mon! these are, or seem to be, really nice people that will take care of him! in a good way! hope to see y'all soon...or someday! cheers!

Top Bottom