The correct way (ukulele vs uke)

Status
Not open for further replies.
let me put it this way, I don't pronounce Irish words with a Irish accent in England. Same with Hawaii, your starting a debate about accents, its simple in English we pronounnce it Ukulele. You say tomate'o I say tomarto. Please stop this insanity!

I had some kind of pancit (I think?).

They might have been bihon noodles?

As far as ukus go, post-treatment have Mom comb out the nits...don't make the kid feel bad...she can come back to school just as long as there ain't live ukus.

Just trying to say something useful...BTW, the worst offenders are the French...I will try to get a Russian to say the word and report back to the forum my findings...maybe with a sound sample...a quality sound sample.

Actually, the most misused word on the forum is "an upgrade."

Last edited:
Uke suits me!

attachment.php

the kids at my daughter's elementary school call it, a "little guitar".
and a couple days ago, a 1st grader called it a "pretty banjo"

Let me summarize what's going to happen.
g
Half the people won't care, the other half will get offend. There will be a heated argument and this thread will join the rest of the locked uke vs ukulele threads.

Only The people that take things to serious will think this offensive. it is fun to have an opinion and all should be open to accepting others opinions. this site is world wide people from lots of other countries may have different ways of doing things. and yes this may to end up with the rest of the locked threads until another gets started. Until then lets read and be open minded.

Only The people that take things to serious will think this offensive. [...]
Possibly true, but history bears out Deach's theory.

It's not the topic that's been the problem, just the inability of some contributors to keep calm. Who knows, this time may be different. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom