Holiday Wish List 2019

ghostrdr

Reaction score
I'm usually accused of worrying about others more than myself. BUT, it doesn't prevent my family from asking me to update my wish list...

What's on your wish list? Big/Small? Gift ideas for others for you? Gift ideas for yourself with Black Friday and Before/After Holiday sales?

Personally, my UAS has somehow been reduced. I'm still curious about certain ukes, such as a Anuenue Moon Bird, but I'm not actively seeking anything.

Maybe a new set of re-entrant strings since I've been playing more music that is written re-entrant?

Anyone else?

I'm hoping Beau Hannam will be able to complete my custom by the holidays, but i'd rather he's careful than fast.

Mine should arrive tomorrow......Cocobolo concert

I'm hoping for accessories more than ukuleles.

Such as a Boss Looper or a 120 Watt Acoustic Amplifier.

Some software to help me easily transfer music to my computer/tablet.

Most of all, some lessons with a good ukulele instructor. Near where I live. Right now, the closest instructors are about 100 miles away.

I'm looking forward to my Bonanza Homestead Baritone and some time to play it. That's a gift from myself though and not explicitly seasonal. Not much else on my list that I want enough to pay for it (corollary: nothing I want that's worth somebody else buying for me either).

I'm not big on gifts of stuff for adults. I'd rather buy my own things and let others buy theirs. Gifts of time and gifts of effort are welcome, and gifts for the kiddos are fair game.

My wish list from my wife is for her to lock out some time to pull out her autoharp and sing with me. My gift for my Dad is that I've turned out to learn to sing with him and his barbershop chorus. I'm still trying to figure out Mom, but I'll get there! Thanksgiving weekend may include marmalade day, and that makes good gifts to spread around.

My wishlist is simple, a Makala shark soprano. No chance of getting one but ya know...

Mine should arrive tomorrow......Cocobolo concert

Post what you think of it. I have one screaming at me, but I keep trying to talk myself out of it because I don't play well.

Other than that... a really good housekeeper to help with a major clean and for my back to quit knifing me. I got my big one last month when I got to see Dolly Parton. Tonight on TV there's a special on about that concert.

Post what you think of it. I have one screaming at me, but I keep trying to talk myself out of it because I don't play well.

Other than that... a really good housekeeper to help with a major clean and for my back to quit knifing me. I got my big one last month when I got to see Dolly Parton. Tonight on TV there's a special on about that concert.

This is a double whammy gift to myself ......Christmas and the big 6-0 birthday next month. I know what you mean about the “screaming at you” thing. They are awful pretty. I subscribed & unsubscribed to the lottery a few times before I decided to take a chance. Getting to see & play one in person did not help with the resistance.

I've mainly moved on from ukes, but play what I have every now & again, just to not lose all that I learnt - if I were to get another, I'm pretty sure it'd be a better quality long neck soprano, there's just something about them that keeps on drawing me back to playing them. :) :music:

Probably asking a lot but how about peace and goodwill to all mankind? (Maybe a nice baritone too.)

I have a soft wish list (no buying involved per se)
Every one should learn the uke.. the world will be a better place.
I learn more songs and understand songs more deeply
I learn a few more slack keys songs.
I find more friends I can jam with
I get better at jamming with others.
I improve my timing

Top Bottom