::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm imagining the stinkiness of a cast that has been showered in. Ew.

No. No. No. the lining stuff they put on is some crazy stuff similar to bubble wrap. They say it lets the water run through. And the pink webbing stuff on the outside has holes too. Of course time will tell.
But I'm pretty psyched about it.

Does water run thru it Sukie? And of course you got pink. I'm still amazed after surgery they let you go a week before the cast. I guess that's so they can check on the stitches?

To get the swelling down, too.
Yes, I got my stitches out yesterday. It was somewhat of a traumatic experience. I have over the past couple years moved all my doctor stuff to the Park Nicollet system. Everything I've had done there has been fantastic. Doctors listen, care is excellent, no over-booked schedule, follow-up care is great, all the people in the system are friendly and helpful, yada, yarda....until yesterday. My first inkling was when the nurse took me back and said she was working with Dr Evanston and his staff that day. Then she unwrapped the bandage. That went okay but when she started cutting the cotton I started to freak out a bit. She seemed to have no clue that my thumb can't be moved. I ended up unwrapping the cotton and gauze myself. Then she started in on the stitches. Like digging the scissors into my skin. I exaggerated my pain level so she'd stop. Finally she gave up and got a regular nurse. Phew!!! I did complain to the nurse about my lack of confidence in the first nurse. I was profusely thanked. Guess she's been complained about before. All I know is that if this surgery gets messed up in any way I'm sunk. There is no fix for it. But my cast has given me freedom right now.

Hurry up 5 pm. They are supposed to announce the parody contest winner on the UU jam today. Have something to tell you guys but I don't feel like I can share it until the winner is announced. And no...I have no clue who has won. It is something else.

No. No. No. the lining stuff they put on is some crazy stuff similar to bubble wrap. They say it lets the water run through. And the pink webbing stuff on the outside has holes too. Of course time will tell.
But I'm pretty psyched about it.

I've never had a cast. But this sounds awesome.

Hurry up 5 pm. They are supposed to announce the parody contest winner on the UU jam today. Have something to tell you guys but I don't feel like I can share it until the winner is announced. And no...I have no clue who has won. It is something else.

Prince Charles has finally acknowledged that he's Shane's father?

Tik, tok, the dusty old clock

Today I'm ordering drum heads.

I had complained to my supplier that they said the tubanos I wanted (with the really cleanable heads for school/medical sites) were out of stock and I wound up buying 6 tubanos with Dynoskin or some such, which cost more. So they agreed to send me the heads I wanted originally at half price.

So I guess that works out. Since the heads can be used separately from the drum bodies, I'll have six body drums and six additional frame drums.

Spouse has the day off, so he has settled in for a Walking Dead marathon.

I have no idea what's going on in this show, but they all look like they could use a good shower.

Spouse has the day off, so he has settled in for a Walking Dead marathon.

I have no idea what's going on in this show, but they all look like they could use a good shower.

Some of them could really benefit from a good moisturizer, too.

Last night we got our first winter weather of the season, with a bit of snow and ice.

Today at work we're selling lots of wiper blades, windshield washer fluid, snow brushes, ice scrapers, dry gas, batteries and starting fluid.

So, did all these people JUST figure out that winter is coming?

Bella is really settling in. I still can't pick her up, though. When I tried this morning, she tried to kill me.

She has the rips often (suddenly bolting through the house and back several times) and she does a LOT of trilling.

She seems very happy. When Bella is happy, I am happy!

Last night we got our first winter weather of the season, with a bit of snow and ice.

Today at work we're selling lots of wiper blades, windshield washer fluid, snow brushes, ice scrapers, dry gas, batteries and starting fluid.

Just like the rush for bread and milk when the first snowflake falls . . .

No. They just can't remember where they put the stuff last spring.

I believe spouse is switching to snow tires this weekend. And the black rims, since they're already messed up.

I'm not sure where my scraper is. And could totally stand to get new blades.

Bella is really settling in. I still can't pick her up, though. When I tried this morning, she tried to kill me.

She has the rips often (suddenly bolting through the house and back several times) and she does a LOT of trilling.

She seems very happy. When Bella is happy, I am happy!

You know, when I have the rips it has nothing to do with bolting through the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom