Hello Kitty Uke

hey Stan, they look great don't they! And a nice price to boot...looks like my present for my daughter's friend is taken care of... :)

Aloha Eugene,
Might look kinda girly, but I want one too..I hope I get them playable.. ...sorry you cant see the better pictures..I have in the Newspaper, they look awesome..the sale is a 2 day sale and they have a Hello Kitty guitar too...for $31.50

Aloha Eugene,
Might look kinda girly, but I want one too..

he he...girly stuff is just fine by me Bruddah...oops, did I neglect to mention I'd also be getting one for the Duncan household... :eek:

Thanks for sharing. My son was looking a uke for his 5 year old neice.....I don't think he can beat this one.

I like that the spelled Ukulele wrong! Really sets the tone.

Did this to a couple of Dolphins.

Attachments

• Photo 31.jpg
    Photo 31.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Photo 30.jpg
    Photo 30.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 45
Saw and played the one my Son got his neice yesterday. It is very cool and very playable. Could use the action lowered, and new strings, but to a 6 year old, it's plenty good. Intonation not too bad either. Certainly worth what they are asking and then some.

we've not got them in the uk toy r us :(
infact theyve not got any ukulele's which in itself is poor imo :(
daz

Saw and played the one my Son got his neice yesterday. It is very cool and very playable. Could use the action lowered, and new strings, but to a 6 year old, it's plenty good. Intonation not too bad either. Certainly worth what they are asking and then some.

Sadly, this was not my experience at all :(.

I wasn't expecting the uke to sound great, considering the price, but I thought it would be fun to keep at work with my Washburn (I am a school librarian, and the kids love it when I play my uke, plus they think my Hello Kitty obsession is pretty funny, so I thought something that brought those two things together would be a sure hit). The first thing I did upon taking it out of the box was swap the strings out for Aquilas, and even with that, it's almost unplayable - the intonation is really bad. My only hope is that adjusting the action - which is crazy high at the moment - might help. I was already planning on taking my Lanikai in to have the action adjusted (it sounds fine - I just want to see if lower action will help make it easier to play chords on the first fret *cough*B-flat*cough*), so I'll take this one along, too. If that doesn't work, though, I think I'm going to have to content myself with using it a decoration and calling it a day.

Phil, did the one you played have the same HK design as the one in the original link? After the fact, I noticed that the design on mine was different (and not as cute, IMHO). Maybe they're using multiple suppliers and that has something to do with the variable quality?

I picked up one of these for my granddaughter for Christmas this past Sunday. It is as playable as the two cheapies I have around for the other grandkids. The intonation goes a little bit sharp, hardly noticable on he basic chords where she will be playing. The action can stand some lowering, but I think I'll wait until the first string change. The ones that came on it are o.k. for now. She's only 5.

Ali, the pattern is slightly different from the OP. The box is rectangular instead of tapered like the picture, and the fingerboard is genuine rosewood (brown paint) !! I think it is o.k. for $22.50.

Bill

I like my kitty , she is lovely <3 yes like all new cheepies, it does have to be set up and has its challenges. I lowered the action on mine, the nut was realy glued in and a bit difficult to lift, but once the action was lowered it was quite nice. It does have a slight intonation issue that lowering the actiona bit mroe might help also I may recut a saddle so it sits back father and increces the string lenth a bit thats realy all it needs. the tuners are nice geared ones , the sound is a bit quite but not bad, but then I havent swapped strings.
all in all I'd say it is very nice for a cheepy and a decent value. and as was said , kids love it and that is worth a million ;)

I just got 2 cheepies one for my daughter for christmas with a surfer on it (she loves surfing) something she can stow in her car and take to the beach wthout having to worry about , instead of taking her good ones and risk them getting damaged, and another just to transfer the geared tuners to that one because it was cheeper to buy the whole uke than cheep tuners alone. So I will see how this campare lol. also going to try to fix the intonation on her Rouge. Gee mabee there needs to be a cheepy review thread lol or is there one already?

This might actually make my wife willing to learn a few chords. She's 45, but she's an unabashed Hello Kitty junkie.

I'd play one...

;)

Top Bottom