::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Well damn Gary. I’m so sorry.

Seniors tend to allow themselves to get dehydrated. That might be adding to what’s complicating your grandfathers health.

90? And driving? At night? No no no. Take away the keys. You’re folks need to take control. It’s time.

Both my grandparents are very sharp still. First time something like this happened to either of them but yes, grandma will most likely not drive again. They both just passed their driving tests too. I wonder about the DMV standards.

We made sure they took driving tests thinking they'd fail but they both passed.

Well damn Gary. I’m so sorry.

Seniors tend to allow themselves to get dehydrated. That might be adding to what’s complicating your grandfathers health.

90? And driving? At night? No no no. Take away the keys. You’re folks need to take control. It’s time.

Also, dehydration was ruled out. They both have hydroflasks and drink water often. I think it's just getting close for grandpa's time to go. It's hard. They've been as big a part of my life as my parents.

Well good. There should have been cake though.

I never have cake for my birthday. We do something fun, go to a restaurant for dinner. Family is under STRICT instructions to NOT mention my birthday to the restaurant staff. No party with the extended family. I just like the day for me and Sheryl and the kids.

Also, dehydration was ruled out. They both have hydroflasks and drink water often. I think it's just getting close for grandpa's time to go. It's hard. They've been as big a part of my life as my parents.

I'm glad you see that - does your dad? You said he's getting angry because it feels like the docs are just trying to make Grandpa comfortable due to his age...but I'm sure it's not just his age. There is the whole cancer thing...

I'm sorry Gary - it sucks to see a loved one fade, especially when they're mentally with it. There's not much to be said but that we love you and wish you (and the family) didn't have to go through all this.

I never have cake for my birthday. We do something fun, go to a restaurant for dinner. Family is under STRICT instructions to NOT mention my birthday to the restaurant staff. No party with the extended family. I just like the day for me and Sheryl and the kids.

All it takes is one time at Chevy's, wearing that ridiculous sombrero and having the entire restaurant singing an off key rendition of Happy Birthday in Spanish for you to hate all restaurant celebrations.

I'm glad you see that - does your dad? You said he's getting angry because it feels like the docs are just trying to make Grandpa comfortable due to his age...but I'm sure it's not just his age. There is the whole cancer thing...

I'm sorry Gary - it sucks to see a loved one fade, especially when they're mentally with it. There's not much to be said but that we love you and wish you (and the family) didn't have to go through all this.

My grandmother, dad's mom, went out sharp as a tack but her heart was weak. They did nothing for her except shoot her up with drugs so she wasn't herself and she wasn't in pain. My dad had to just sit there and watch her fade away while the doctors seemingly did nothing. I think he knows cognitively. I think his heart still stings from watching grandma go like that.

Grandpa has been in my dad's life since he was 16 (high school sweethearts) so he's had a huge influence on my father as well.

All it takes is one time at Chevy's, wearing that ridiculous sombrero and having the entire restaurant singing an off key rendition of Happy Birthday in Spanish for you to hate all restaurant celebrations.

Our favorite Mexican restaurant does HILARIOUS birthday celebrations (unintentionally). Their "in house" birthday song is SO off key (and sung in Spanish by unenthusiastic waiters) and then they sing Happy Birthday, similarly off key. But it's hilarious because it's happening to others, not me.

Our favorite Mexican restaurant does HILARIOUS birthday celebrations (unintentionally). Their "in house" birthday song is SO off key (and sung in Spanish by unenthusiastic waiters) and then they sing Happy Birthday, similarly off key. But it's hilarious because it's happening to others, not me.

Not related but close. My absolute favorite thing on a cruise is singing waiters. It’s why we always cruise with Carnival. They always sing and put on a great show during dinner.

Well good, water is so important.

But yes, the body eventually wears out unfortunately. I’m so sorry for your family.

Top Bottom