::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 17!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two more rows to knit to finish the blanket I've been making for my sister's birthday present. I should be finished tonight or tomorrow. I started it this past spring, and her birthday is in eleven days. How's that for timing? :)

I have 1.5 more lace knit scarves to finish before xmas to give to my Sister-in-Laws. I'd like to work on several more knit goodies for my friends before xmas, but somehow I doubt I'm gonna get them all done in time.

Pretty good weekend, cut, split and stacked about 2 rics of wood, raked leaves, cleaned the yard, and the new metal roof is finished for winter.

Pretty good weekend, cut, split and stacked about 2 rics of wood, raked leaves, cleaned the yard, and the new metal roof is finished for winter.

I removed some blinds, painted window sills and put up curtains.

I think Mikes got us all beat.

We need to split more wood. But our new wood stove coupled with the new windows has led to our house being comfy and not freezing this winter, so that is good. But we need to get on the ball with the wood cutting. Thanks to the ice storm we have plenty of downed oak, locust, and maple in the woods.

We need to split more wood. But our new wood stove coupled with the new windows has led to our house being comfy and not freezing this winter, so that is good. But we need to get on the ball with the wood cutting. Thanks to the ice storm we have plenty of downed oak, locust, and maple in the woods.

can't get much better than locust

Cool. I think she was on Royal Caribbean.

Your day sounds crazy busy. I would need a chill-out day after a vacation like yours.

Happy Veterans Day. I really wish we did it up like Remembrance Day in the UK. It seems strange that they use this holiday to sell washers and dryers.

ANY reason to have a sale. Give it 10 more years - they'll start having 9/11 sales.

Looks can be deceiving... mwahahahahahaha!!

Oh who am I trying to kid. I stole a pack of gum from the grocery store when I was 5. My mom caught me, made me give it back and apologize then, horror of horrors.... she told my grandmother. I heard about it for at least a year. So ended my days of delinquency.

When Emma was 3 or 4 she nicked a toy car off the shelf at a little variety store. Sheryl found it that evening, knew it was new and asked Emma about it. She confessed, with LOTS of tears. They went back to the store the next day to return it and apologize...

...and the store was closed. OUT OF BUSINESS closed. No warning.

Fortunately, Sheryl has a heart and did not tell Emma that her theft probably pushed them over the edge (it occurred to me...but I would not have gone there).

However, there was a cop parked in the lot, so Sheryl took Emma over to the cop to give the toy back.

Sheryl had to prompt him to react appropriately. His initial reaction was, "No big deal!" Sheryl coached him to take the car and tell Emma about how bad stealing is. It should NOT have been that difficult...

Anyway...that's our story of Emma's very brief life of crime and Sheryl's crazy amount of effort to make an impression on her that it was a bad thing.

I told the kids about my trip to Lowes last week. The cashier was an elderly man and said he was new to working the front. He rung up the wrong barcode on something and then kept scanning. It froze the items from adding up and when he printed the receipt (still $200 worth of stuff) I noticed that it just did not seem long enough. As I was walking out the door. My nephew was there and said, "Cool free stuff!" I said... "Nope, guess what I did?" He kind of disappointedly said, "You went back." I explained that it was an extra $117 worth of stuff, but that since I noticed it, it would have been the same as stealing and that it is important to be honest. The people at the customer service desk thanked me over and over and seemed surprised I came back.

I told the kids about my trip to Lowes last week. The cashier was an elderly man and said he was new to working the front. He rung up the wrong barcode on something and then kept scanning. It froze the items from adding up and when he printed the receipt (still $200 worth of stuff) I noticed that it just did not seem long enough. As I was walking out the door. My nephew was there and said, "Cool free stuff!" I said... "Nope, guess what I did?" He kind of disappointedly said, "You went back." I explained that it was an extra $117 worth of stuff, but that since I noticed it, it would have been the same as stealing and that it is important to be honest. The people at the customer service desk thanked me over and over and seemed surprised I came back.

That's awesome Mim, people (not just kids) need to learn that being a good and honest person leads to good self-esteem which leads to being a happy person who likes them self.

It always makes me just a little sad that people seem so surprised if you come back to fix an error in their favor.

Last edited:
Normally hubby isn't a sitcom dad. He is a generally competent person. Yet I came home after being gone four hours and found the two year old and her clothes and my couch covered in marker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom