NUD Enya Nova with a twist

I received my white Enya Nova today. I’ve copied DownupDave and ordered the abalone Neck Illusions.

Several reviewers have noted the only handle is on the center side of the case. I was surprised and pleased to see an additional adjustable strap on the back for carrying over the shoulder.

Several reviewers noted the sticky zipper on the “roller coaster” section of the case. My case zipper works effortlessly.

Here’s the kicker. On the online order form there’s a space for a special note. Being a new ukulele player and a bit cheeky in my dotage, I inquired about the possibility of a low G string, stating that I would be happy to pay an upcharge for the string and the installation.

Imagine my delight to find a low G string on it! I’m not sure what brand/kind of string it is...it’s a sort of orangish red, and it’s unwound. And I checked my credit card statement...there was no extra charge. Now THAT is customer service.

I received my white Enya Nova today. I’ve copied DownupDave and ordered the abalone Neck Illusions.

Several reviewers have noted the only handle is on the center side of the case. I was surprised and pleased to see an additional adjustable strap on the back for carrying over the shoulder.

Several reviewers noted the sticky zipper on the “roller coaster” section of the case. My case zipper works effortlessly.

Here’s the kicker. On the online order form there’s a space for a special note. Being a new ukulele player and a bit cheeky in my dotage, I inquired about the possibility of a low G string, stating that I would be happy to pay an upcharge for the string and the installation.

Imagine my delight to find a low G string on it! I’m not sure what brand/kind of string it is...it’s a sort of orangish red, and it’s unwound. And I checked my credit card statement...there was no extra charge. Now THAT is customer service.

Congratulations that is fantastic. I have been impressed with every communication and transaction I have had with Enya. They seem very customer satisfaction oriented.

There is a saying around here......no pictures, it didn’t happen.

Please feel free to post pictures, either here or a NUD (New Uke Day) separate thread. Would love to see your White Nova with the fretboard covering

The abalone fret set isn't arriving until Monday, so I'll wait for the whole thing to be done before posting pictures. I had already ordered an individual Fremont low g and a set of worth brown with low g....so I will have my first changing strings experience. And I want to see which of the low g fits best in the nut. The one they sent is a little buzzy.

BTW, a word of advice. Don't google "red low g string" in an attempt to find out what it might be. Or at least add "ukulele" to your search terms.

BTW, a word of advice. Don't google "red low g string" in an attempt to find out what it might be. Or at least add "ukulele" to your search terms.

never tell me not to do something. When I Googled that term, I got a lot of listings for red ukulele low G strings. Of course, way down the page, I got the other type of g string. :D

my Nova

Here's the white enya nova with abalone neck illusions. and a stand I made from PVC pipe and pipe insulation and chair tips.

I'm eagerly awaiting the tenor nova, supposedly sometime near the end of the year.

Attachments

• IMG-0366.jpg
    IMG-0366.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG-0363.jpg
    IMG-0363.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 47
Here's the white enya nova with abalone neck illusions. and a stand I made from PVC pipe and pipe insulation and chair tips.

I'm eagerly awaiting the tenor nova, supposedly sometime near the end of the year.

Very nice. Those Neck Illusions are a great idea. I put lightning on my black Enya.

Congratulations on a beautiful Enya Nova. The white looks very cool and the abalone fretboard dressing is classy. I will be curious about the Tenor when it is released as well

As a do-it-yourself kinda person I can really appreciate what you did with the stand there.
I had a Nova for a while and really enjoyed it before moving it along. I was just wondering about a tenor recently. I did see a soprano will be released soon.

There's also an all solid wood version of Nova:

Last edited:
:cool:That's a beautiful instrument both in looks and sound! It's outta my league in cost, plus it has the pickup system. I'm a beginner and not yet ready to broadcast my fumbling chord changes.

Regarding fitting the Enya Nova with a low G--now on their website, Enya posts for both the concert and the soprano Nova models-- "● NOT compatible with wound strings or strings containing metallic compounds." So use a "regular" string. I put a Worth brown low G on mine and I like it fine.

Still eagerly awaiting the Nova Tenor with (rumored) metal frets. Hope it comes out soon.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

One thought about black colour “soda + superglue”: you can use black colour graphite powder instead of soda, results should be the same. But please experiment first. You can use graphite found in pencil, remove it, and make powder from it.

Question: is saddle removable on Enya Nova U Soprano? I believe it is, but it is just painted… I want to lower string action on Soprano.

Hello Everyone,

One thought about black colour “soda + superglue”: you can use black colour graphite powder instead of soda, results should be the same. But please experiment first. You can use graphite found in pencil, remove it, and make powder from it.

Question: is saddle removable on Enya Nova U Soprano? I believe it is, but it is just painted… I want to lower string action on Soprano.

I have a recently purchased Enya Nova soprano and the nut is moulded, it's not seperate and cannot be removed. See attached pictures

20230907_094857.jpg20230907_094711.jpg

Top Bottom