Found an unsold Martin style 1 centennial

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
It is on its way to me.. but this seems odd to find one.. I thought they sold off all..
Wondering if I should just sell it to someone else so that they can register it..
excited but overwhelmed with my uke count

I now have more ukuleles than I meant to, and so far can't single any out to sell. So, if overwhelmed with your uke count, I suggest my current approach: Just don't count them. :)

Enjoy the centennial Martin!

I now have more ukuleles than I meant to, and so far can't single any out to sell. So, if overwhelmed with your uke count, I suggest my current approach: Just don't count them. :)

Enjoy the centennial Martin!
Hehehe... yeah. I am eager to try it out but I have 4 awesome vintages and 2 really nice new martin sopranos.. so if the sound is not unique in comparison or in line with others I would prefer some one else have the pleasure of owning it.

If you do decide to sell it along, send me a PM. I might have a "forever home" for it. :)

I enjoy mine, especially the neck. It has a great neck, and it punches. It is good looking as well. As you know already, it will not sound with the timber of a vintage, but it has it's own strong voice. I will be curious as to your impressions. I think about selling sometimes, and put it back, after I play it. It lives next to 1918 old martin. So that is my collection of 2 ukes. 99 yrs apart is close to 100 years apart for me and that makes me smile.

I enjoy mine, especially the neck. It has a great neck, and it punches. It is good looking as well. As you know already, it will not sound with the timber of a vintage, but it has it's own strong voice. I will be curious as to your impressions. I think about selling sometimes, and put it back, after I play it. It lives next to 1918 old martin. So that is my collection of 2 ukes. 99 yrs apart is close to 100 years apart for me and that makes me smile.
That is nice to hear! This hope (and fear) that it will sound awesome and better than the non centennial soporanos that Martin sells.

Got mine, it does have a sound I would call sweet. The grain is nice as well. More later..

Congrats on your centennial. You don’t sound impressed though.. :confused:

Congrats on your centennial. You don’t sound impressed though.. :confused:
I have not played with it a lot yet. I do own the style 3 centennial (which is impressive in its sound) and vintage martins, this does hold its own but has a very different personality. Will play more and form my opinion.

I have not played with it a lot yet. I do own the style 3 centennial (which is impressive in its sound) and vintage martins, this does hold its own but has a very different personality. Will play more and form my opinion.

I think no 2 ukes are the same and they definitely are very different except for the Martin logo. It’s alway nice to have more martins!

I know modern Martin Soprano, while very nice, sound different from vintage ones. Does it sound similar to actual vintage Martin Soprano?

I know modern Martin Soprano, while very nice, sound different from vintage ones. Does it sound similar to actual vintage Martin Soprano?

Without doing a direct comparison, I would say No, simply for the fact that you'd be comparing old wood to new. Even among old ukes, the aging and use over the years would have been different.

Top Bottom