FS Multiple Ukes (6) Ohana, Islander, Kala's, Fender, ENYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebParrot (s2)

Wisconsin, U.S.A.
UU VIP
Reaction score
Changes in prices as of 12/10 <->three sold. Contact me via PM. These are very gently played ukes that purchase as I began playing, and/or subsequently purchased to see if I liked the style, build, or fit as I started to understand what I liked.

They have been maintained in a smoke free home with in humidified bags/cases. All were purchased as brand new. No scuffs, no scratches, no dings, no 'play-wear.' All have strap buttons (except the new Kala SSTU-TE). With the exception of the Enya NovaU and the Kala SSTU-TE, all have had professional setups and string changes as noted.

Shipping included. Lower 48 US only. Payment via PayPal.me or Zelle is preferred to save fees.

Kala KA SSTU-TE Travel (slimline) ‘electrified’ Tenor. Solid spruce Top, laminate mahogany back and sides. Brand New in original packaging. Purchased from Kala to be a gift for grandson who wanted uke with electric hookup (this has piezo under-saddle P/U with 6.2v volume/tone controls). The gift was ‘preempted’ by another gift ( a UFOS ! ), so now it’s just waiting for a new home. I’ve added Uke Logic soft tension strings with a Fremont Soloist low G. Even when played as an acoustic it is remarkably loud, resonance and sustain.
$245 including shipping.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bTdJeekS1wcs15vj7

Islander (Kanile’a) Concert MAPG-4-C laminated 'flame maple' top, sides, and back with maple binding,. Purchased from and full set-up by HMS . Purchased this to try out the wider string spacing (at the nut 1.5”) and Kanilea-style neck shape. Strung with the new Aquila Red Series. Lightly padded gig bag included.
$170 shipping included. [11/29/2020:corrected an error that indicated top was solid...it is actually laminated flame maple]
https://photos.app.goo.gl/aErsqsjTzoD8hE3p7

Fender “Montecito” Tenor: Solid Koa top, laminate Koa sides and back; no-tie slotted bridge, Tele-style headstock, bone nut and saddle, abalone rosette and binding. Purchase from an online retailer; subsequently I took it to a luthier and paid for a full setup :). Changed strings to high-g Worth Browns high G… beautiful full resonant sound and sustain Since acquiring ukes with different, less rounded neck profiles, I just don’t play this at all.
$175 with shipping included.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/EnsoVgGjAZBN6DyV8

PS- If you’re a member of M.A.U.I. (Madison Area Ukulele Initiative) please mention it in your PM. We can dispense with any shipping, etc. !

SOLDENYA Nova U Concert[/B]-White.

SOLDKala Baritone KA-ABP-CTG Slot head

SOLDOhana Concert CK-50G Solid Cedar top, solid rosewood sides and back.

Last edited:
Islander (Kanile’a) Concert MAPG-4-C Flame Maple Solid Top, neck and binding, w/laminate flame maple sides and back.

I looked up MAPG-4-C, and it is listed as a laminate top. Did you get a special model or is that a typo?

I looked up MAPG-4-C, and it is listed as a laminate top. Did you get a special model or is that a typo?

Hmmm. I took the description from the original posting and that appears to be wrong. I just checked the interior with a mechanics mirror and the grain pattern is different from the top. It's clearly laminate. As did you, I checked some other postings (e.g. on Reverb) where most list it as "flame maple top back and sides" No excuse, that's a common misdirection and failure to state "laminate". I will immediately change the description! FWIW, you can't tell the difference when listening to the sound :)... No intent to deceive on my part... very sorry.

Last edited:
Bump to show price changes and including shipping in pricing.
Also three now have been sold.

Last edited:
Thanks. Reduced the price by $10 for the error :)

Should have looked at my notes whilst typing.

Last edited:
I can't read the label, does it say where was the Islander made?

Hi. The label doesn't say where it was made, only, "Made by Kanile'a" and when I purchased it from HMS, their description didn't say either.
As such, I have no firsthand information :)

Baz has done a few reviews on the Islanders and doing a search on " Where are Islander ukulele's made?" indicates that Kanile'a makes the Islander in China, which is shipped to Kanile'a which inspects it, blah blah blah (review info)

All I know :) is that HMS did a good job setting it up, it plays and sounds great. Intonation is as good as the K-2 that I subsequently purchased.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom