Martin Concert C1K vs Style 2K Concert?

tptrs

Reaction score
Wondering if those in the know think, all things considered, the Style 2K is worth three times the cost of the C1K? Thanks...

"Worth" is a personal judgement. I have tried both of these models in my local music store. The 2K definitely sounds and feels better to me when I play it. Worth the price difference depends a lot on how well you play and who you are playing for. As with all musical instruments, you get into diminishing returns as soon as you hit the middle price/quality range. There are a lot of other brands worth considering once you get into the 4 figure price range, of course. Are they worth the price? You have to decide for yourself.

Wondering if those in the know think, all things considered, the Style 2K is worth three times the cost of the C1K? Thanks...
I think 2k is made in USA and C1K in Mexico.
The sound does differ, does it matter, depends on your ears.

"Worth" is a personal judgement. I have tried both of these models in my local music store. The 2K definitely sounds and feels better to me when I play it. Worth the price difference depends a lot on how well you play and who you are playing for. As with all musical instruments, you get into diminishing returns as soon as you hit the middle price/quality range. There are a lot of other brands worth considering once you get into the 4 figure price range, of course. Are they worth the price? You have to decide for yourself.

Thanks much for the feedback, totally agree about the nebulous worth concept. My skill level in no way justifies the better model, although my aesthetic appreciation might. Hoping any Martinistas out there might offer some insight into the intangibles involved. It seems the 1K Martins are pretty good for their cost, but are the higher level Martins up to their competition? Thanks!

Thanks, somehow missed this. BTW, did he ever do that video?

You can browse through Peter's YouTube channel. He reviews and compares a lot of different Martin ukuleles.

Top Bottom