Aloha from New Zealand

sirge

Reaction score
Hi friends!

I'm a ukulele beginner from New Zealand and just started playing ukulele about 2 months ago. I've never learned any instrument properly before, so there're a lot to learn! Feeling so lucky to find UU and looking forward to becoming a decent player one day.

Hello Sirge and welcome. I almost envy you. You are at the start of a fascinating journey. If I had my time all over again, I'd spend more time concentrating of the strumming and picking hand, and less on tussling with fancy chords. But that's just me. The main thing is to enjoy the process - keep it fun.

All the best to you,

John Colter

Welcome to UU, and congrats on your beautiful country for beating the covid crisis!

Welcome to UU, Sirge!

The ukulele is incredibly versatile. If you want 'simple' then the instrument will do that very well. If you want intermediate or advanced techniques then those are possible as well. Take a look here on the forums and of course at YouTube and get inspired!

Welcome from Wisconsin, USA!

I too, have never played an instrument before. Lots and lots of YouTube video instructions online.

I found www.gotaukulele.com to be very helpful to me when I was starting out. It's aimed at beginners, and offers tip, information and excellent ukulele reviews. I've learned a lot in the last three years. It's been a fun and interesting journey. With lots more to go...

Top Bottom