NUD - Beau Hannam Redwood Koa Tenor with Koi and Baby inlay

JasonTLC

Reaction score
Actually I had received this beauty about a week ago, no time to really post it up yet. So this is it!

A fantastic heirloom with perfect aesthetic and sonic appeal to me. My Beau Hannam tenor has a redwood top and figured koa back and sides. It has been in the works for sometime and I had been looking forward to it.

This particular ukulele is very special to me as Beau has placed his very best (as always) in it. It was ordered some years, days before we found out my wife is carrying my third baby. Combing my interests in fish-keeping (koi) and my hinted theme on family (baby), Beau conceptualized the amazing headstock inlays which shows a koi cradling a baby. Its amazing!!!!

Along the waiting and building, Beau has proved to be more than a luthier / businessman. My family met with a terrible car accident with a truck smashing up my sedan rear, totaling it. Beau gets to know through FB and offered a full refund of deposits without me asking.

Back to the uke, it has prefect playability, aesthetic is prefect and it has a loud, warm mellow sound to the redwood top. I am in love! The LR Baggs 5.0 performs awesomely on this uke too.

Attachments

• 20160901_230224.jpg
    20160901_230224.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 20160901_230242.jpg
    20160901_230242.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 20160901_230256.jpg
    20160901_230256.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 20160901_230305.jpg
    20160901_230305.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 20160901_230318.jpg
    20160901_230318.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 118
hmmm somehow the rest of the photos dont come out...

Actually I had received this beauty about a week ago, no time to really post it up yet. So this is it!

A fantastic heirloom with perfect aesthetic and sonic appeal to me. My Beau Hannam tenor has a redwood top and figured koa back and sides. It has been in the works for sometime and I had been looking forward to it.

This particular ukulele is very special to me as Beau has placed his very best (as always) in it. It was ordered some years, days before we found out my wife is carrying my third baby. Combing my interests in fish-keeping (koi) and my hinted theme on family (baby), Beau conceptualized the amazing headstock inlays which shows a koi cradling a baby. Its amazing!!!!

Along the waiting and building, Beau has proved to be more than a luthier / businessman. My family met with a terrible car accident with a truck smashing up my sedan rear, totaling it. Beau gets to know through FB and offered a full refund of deposits without me asking.

Back to the uke, it has prefect playability, aesthetic is prefect and it has a loud, warm mellow sound to the redwood top. I am in love! The LR Baggs 5.0 performs awesomely on this uke too.

WOWEE!!! That is one heck of a gorgeous uke!!!:drool: CONGRATS!!!:cheers:

If I remember correctly, you can only upload 5 pictures for each posting. You would have to make another posting (not thread) to upload up to 5 more pictures.

Thanks mate! I had forgotten!

Congratulations. Really beautiful uke and great inlay on the headstock. And as another BH uke owner, also with a redwood top, I dont have to ask you how it sounds, I already know your uke sounds amazing. Beau makes some of the best ukes around.

Congratulations on an absolutely stunning ukulele. It obviously means a lot of you with the significance of the headstock inlay, very special. Enjoy it in good health for a very long time.

Uke p***, Jason. Sound sample? Beautiful headstock with a beautiful story.

Mine's about a month away. Same woods too: redwood & koa.

What a beauty. You can certainly see a lot of time and effort goes into his instruments. I have been toying with ordering one myself, but I don't think I could handle a two year wait. I hope you enjoy your new uke.

Absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations and happy playing! Mine is just about finished. : )

Holy cow! That is one gorgeous ukulele! The drool factor is OMG. Congratulations, you must be very proud....Beau does it again.

Thanks guys! Yes, I am extremely proud of it! Now to get well enough to start playing it again! (7 hours in the hot sun doing safety for a kayaking course and walking 20 odd km.... down with heat injuries...arrgh!)

Beautiful uke!

Is it just me, or are those frets huge.

Also, the redwood too is clearly high quality. Straight grain and very tight.

Beautiful uke!

Is it just me, or are those frets huge.

Also, the redwood too is clearly high quality. Straight grain and very tight.

Frets are Evo gold 0.080". Some makers prefer 0.053" wide frets. I like the evo gold as it is much harder then usual nickel frets and the extra width stops the fret wire bending when I manipulate it for my bound fingerbaords. The .053" bends like butter.

Top Bottom