Got me a new Toy .. Zoom H2

generem

Reaction score
Ha ha.... Got me a new toy...

A Zoom H2 Digital recoder...

Now im gonna sound horrible in stereo..

I wanted to be able to record my progress and I cant seem to play well when the camera is on so I figure I'll try this...

Thought I'd share...

Zooms are excellent.

I own the H4 and the latest H4N.
These are excellent for in-board recordings as well as live performances with the built in mics.

I LOVE these and you'll definitely love yours.

Sure.. rub it in... H4 people... JK

Thanks. I started recording myself last night and got really comfortable with it about 15 mins in.. I could never with a camera... So.. Now I just need to focus on a song to post... hehehe

I know these things have all sorts of capabilities, but can you use them just as a mic as you record into a computer with a webcam? I have an external mic now, but wanted to upgrade. I want a direct connection and don't want to have to import a sound file each take.

I know these things have all sorts of capabilities, but can you use them just as a mic as you record into a computer with a webcam? I have an external mic now, but wanted to upgrade. I want a direct connection and don't want to have to import a sound file each take.

How these work is you record onto an SD card.
Importing will be a part of the process.
Of course you can just leave it rolling and cut out what you dont need once you have the take you want (in an audio/video editing program).
Then you would have to sync up your audio with your video in your vid. editing program in order to achieve what you are talking about here.

Personally, I think the best options for video taking for YT is just using a real cam that has good sound. Just chop off what you cont want and convert it to flash (if YT doesnt do that for you..I dont know what they do).

Of course the easiest method is to get one of the better webcams on the market that can record and upload directly to YT. You can get them for under $100.

does anyone know of any cheap way to record videos but still have a good picture and sound?

good webcams anyone?

Of course the easiest method is to get one of the better webcams on the market that can record and upload directly to YT. You can get them for under $100.

nuts. I should have looked at the entire post.

anyway what brand would you recomend.

Don't know about the H2, but the H4N can...

From the Samson/Zoom site

"The H4n also functions as a USB audio interface, letting you record directly to either a Mac or PC."

Last edited:
I'm not too keen on webcams at all. I purchased a top of the line logitech webcam with a carl zeiss lens, and my videos cam out lagged to all hell. I'm sticking with the video feature on my digital camera, which gives me nice fat .avi files that are fantastic in quality ;)

Well, I own both: The Zoom H2 and the above mentioned LogiTech QuickCam Orbit AF. While the Zoom H2 is (to me) the near perfect amateur-recording-device, the Logitech Webcam is a piece of crap. Videos lag as hell and the colours are horrible. Have fun with your Zoom H2!

When you said Zoom H2 I thought you meant one of these. :rolleyes:
hummer-h2-suv-with-rear-air-suspension.jpg

I've been using a Zoom H2 for about a year and a half, and find it to be excellent. Easy to set up and use, very clear recordings. Along with my sorpano Flea, it's one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Well, I own both: The Zoom H2 and the above mentioned LogiTech QuickCam Orbit AF. While the Zoom H2 is (to me) the near perfect amateur-recording-device, the Logitech Webcam is a piece of crap. Videos lag as hell and the colours are horrible. Have fun with your Zoom H2!

The Zoom H2 can certainly be used amateurishly if an amateur is handling it...not claiming that you are.

Webcams are webcams. Like I said my personal preference is is a video camera that has good sound.

The Logitech Orbit AF is the best one on the market IMO.

Top Bottom