Season 431 - Dedications

YES!!!!! It is so......awesome!!!!
Wow. Eric and Cave. This is mind-blowing good. wow.

sis Chelle, thanks for leaving another lovely comment on the thread.
it has been a joy to host. Never had so much tears and smiles and warm fuzzy feeling inside watching the Seasons' videos.
Thank you everyone!

We still have....um...8 hours i think. Have no idea how the time difference works.
( frankly I can't be bothered to check lah. just post when you post, yeah?)

I turn 48 years old this coming Wednesday. Over the years, I've lost many family members and friends who younger than me---some much younger---to suicide, addiction, cancer, cardiac arrest, etc. For a while, especially when I was younger, I was unable to bring myself to attend a funeral. Each new funeral invitation reminded me too much of all the previous losses, and I couldn't bare listening to polite words about often-awful situations.

Now that I'm about as grown-up as I'm likely to get, I never miss a funeral. No matter how painful, I want to be with the family and friends of the dead, so we can all celebrate the lost and share our grief together. That helps lessen grief's weight for me, and I hope it does for others as well.

This is a song by a friend of mine, written soon after we lost a mutual friend, who was in his late 20s, to leukemia. That was one of the first funerals I was able to attend after I'd taken that break. This song reminds me how important it is to show up and honor the dead, even when it's tough to do so.

If anyone in your family or any of your friends has ever died unexpectedly, I dedicate this one to you.

I am thinking of giving away a prize...I know many of you don't care about prizes, you just wanna play music.

But I am thinking...how about drawing a portrait of the winner and the person or persons the song is dedicated to?
( I have not discussed prizes with Jon yet but I'm quite sure he won't object to my idea)

Yeah that sounds like something I might do. :)

Lovely Idea~
seconded !

Sneaking in a late one here! Years ago I came to believe that we are all in this life together. And that even though our personal journey's may seem singular, everything we are, everything we do and everything we feel is felt by everyone in some way or another. Now that i've pontificated more than I usually do, i'd like to dedicate this song to our lovely hosts Jon and Joo! Recorded live today with my friends Gerald and Mathieu. It was our first time to play together in almost 3 months due to the social distancing we've all been dealing with. I missed a few chords as I was totally into the singing :), from the heart ~

Last edited:
Thank you all for a wonderful week of music.
I want to share a video I stumbled upon, it's a beautiful song about Harlem. Performed by Maggie and Mr. Rogers.
I found Scott's music on YT because of his clawhammer ukulele stuff, didn't know he has a duo now with this lovely young lady with a beautiful voice.
Hope all of you have a nice week at Mikel's Solitude season.
I will be back with a proper wrap soon. x

Whatever happens to the Seasons in the coming months, this week will always live on in my memory as one of the most special of all. Not least because I managed to listen attentively to every song and was moved by so many of them.

Thanks so much Joo (& Jon)...

PS Gorgeous last video above. What a voice and what a song!

Last edited:
Thanks Joo and Jon. Loved getting to know you, Joo. It was awesome to listen to everyone’s dedications. So heartfelt and many about supportive friends. Beautiful.

Big thanks you to our hosts Joo and Jon for a wonderful week of dedications! And thank you to those who covered my song Isolation Blues. It’s so nice to hear your interpretations.

Kevin and I worked hard the last couple of days to come up with something special for you. One of my favorite songs of all time. Hope we did it justice. This goes out to you Seasonistas and to all my brothers and sisters all over to world. Right now we could all use a little tenderness...enjoy!

Eric and Kevin,

:bowdown: :worship:

You do it justice indeed! (And it's even more awesome if you've got your headphones handy.)

Thanks so much, It's really been a fantastic and moving week Jon and Joo, and to everyone who participated as well ~ I've got some listening yet to do, there were a lot of entries this week ~

Thanks for a great week and great hosting guys. A season that results in a new original is always really special for me and I'm really pleased with the one I wrote this week.

I've not been able to comment on everyone but there were so many excellent songs from people this week.

Thanks for a wonderful week, Joo & Jon.
Our pleasure, Paul!

Whatever happens to the Seasons in the coming months, this week will always live on in my memory as one of the most special of all. Not least because I managed to listen attentively to every song and was moved by so many of them.

Thanks so much Joo (& Jon)...

PS Gorgeous last video above. What a voice and what a song!
Was a special week for us too, Berni. :) i know you listened and commented on everyone's video. Yeah they are all lovely.

Thanks Joo and Jon. Loved getting to know you, Joo. It was awesome to listen to everyone’s dedications. So heartfelt and many about supportive friends. Beautiful.

Thank you JoAnn. Lovely to get to know you too.

Thanks so much, It's really been a fantastic and moving week Jon and Joo, and to everyone who participated as well ~ I've got some listening yet to do, there were a lot of entries this week ~

Thanks Kev. 14 of the 83 songs this week are all Berni's fantastic originals!

Thank you for this week, Joo ... I really appreciate your efforts at reconciliation, and you have been a wonderfully attentive host.

Thank you Val. Good to move on! x

Thanks for a great week and great hosting guys. A season that results in a new original is always really special for me and I'm really pleased with the one I wrote this week.

I've not been able to comment on everyone but there were so many excellent songs from people this week.

We both love your original, Ryan! Both your Joy Division cover and Moving Pictures cover rocked too!

Last edited:

Thank you everyone for participating!
Winner please PM me.:)

PS. I made that music for the wrap video by pressing some buttons on my phone, and shifted tracks around. :p

PPS. I typed in the wrong end date in the video. It should be 25th May, not 23rd.

Last edited:
CONGRATULATIONS, Berni!!!! Joo, what an incredible piece of artwork you’ve created of/for Berni — love it!!!! Thank you so much, again, Joo and Jon, for the fabulous week of community and music!!!

That's brilliant. Is it by the guy who wrote "Guide Cats for the Blind"?

Yes the one and only Les Barker. I have seen him read his poems a few times and he always brings the house down
One of this best is "Teaching Geography to George W Bush"

Greetings,

Wow, what a season with art and music. Thank you Joo for hosting a very special week that brought out the best in all! Congrats to the deserving winner whose entries were indeed special.

Ciao and safe wishes for all,
Gina

thank you everyone for a beautiful week of music.
thank you especially for the wonderful dedications and your generosity in sharing,
what were at times some very personal stories.
joo and i are grateful, we enjoyed the week so much.

Top Bottom