UU Service Unavailable?

All this stuff has happened to me too. Several times in a session. Thought it was Mozilla or my craptop till I read this.

Thanks to all who are working to give us access to UU. Life, both in real life and on the internet, doesn't always go as smoothly as we'd like, but even with the bumps in the road, UU is a great place. Again, thanks for the great resource!

Glad to finally get some kind of feedback, please keep us informed. It's been especially bad for me today with the can't connect to the server message.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

I couldn't get on the UU forum for five minutes, what did I miss, anything important? :)

I get a lot of pleasure from this forum. I regularly use reading it as a break from my work. Of course, if I have a question, this is the first place I go. I like all the cranky posts and treasure the informative posts that are over my head. So I thank you the moderators! The administrators etc.
I had let my UU VIP lapse accidentally. I just renewed. 5 dollars s month is cheap for all the entertainment I get from you guys. Though I dont buy or sell much, the ability to do so in a fairly trustworthy environment is also appreciated. Thanks!

I've been a UU VIP since day one, glad to give the support. My last few posts have been especially problematic, even more varied errors, like this.

UU PHP error.png

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

I've noticed today (for the 1st time) that the various Boards are out of sync & don't seem to be Refreshing the new posts as they are lodged, very odd. I made a post in the Hanon thread in Uke Talk which appeared okay but didn't register on the replies count? Phantom post?

I tested it as per your request. Same here. My comment is there ( on the Hanon thread) but not showing on the register. I am ghost #2

Now I'm getting an invalid certificate warning when I go to UU. I'm on a Mac using Safari.

Now I'm getting an invalid certificate warning when I go to UU. I'm on a Mac using Safari.

Yes, Chrome advised me today that UU is "not secure "/private website, and my data/info there could be "stolen by attackers"

This is really knocking down the number of current users. Just saw it was only 96.

Me too, got this with Firefox;

UU Error Msg.jpg

This implies that the certificate has been allowed to lapse by the hosting server service. Or, if the website is self hosted by UU, the webmaster needs to apply for a renewal.

Last edited:
Didn't miss that post you reference. This is a new and different error message. The first is a 503 server error associated with server overloads. This new one has to do with the lapse of the web page security certificate.

They were both related. The 503 errors were from the server getting overloaded by the forum, the SSL errors were caused by us upgrading to a dedicated server to prevent the 503 errors. Moving servers invalidated the old SSL certificate so we had to generate a new one.

Both issues should be fixed now.

They were both related. The 503 errors were from the server getting overloaded by the forum, the SSL errors were caused by us upgrading to a dedicated server to prevent the 503 errors. Moving servers invalidated the old SSL certificate so we had to generate a new one.

Thanks for clarifying the relationship between the two different errors Rayan. I do really appreciate the work you do to keep this site up and running smoothly.

Rayan, thanks for your attention to these matters, and thanks all of your hard work to keep UU up and running :)

Top Bottom