Cigar Box Ukulele No. 5

WhenDogsSing

Reaction score
Attached are some photos of the 5th cigar box ukulele I have built. The link will take you to my YouTube channel for a video sound sample of the ukulele. This one turned out very well, sounds good and plays great. Hope you enjoy...:D

http://www.youtube.com/user/WhenDogsSing

Attachments

• 100_1392.jpg
    100_1392.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_1393.jpg
    100_1393.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_1394.jpg
    100_1394.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 41
that looks great, how long did it take to make?

Wow! That sounds SO nice.

Great job, mate. Well done. :)

Gorgeous sound and lovely playing! You sir are an inspiration. :D

Looks great. I've thought about trying to make one. Even aquired a cigar box. Any recommendations on where to get a quality neck, fretboard. etc.?

Thanks for the links. Based on your videos, you would advise replacing the top or bottom with a spruce sound board. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. You really make a great sound uke!

Hey Tim, did you change the top on that box? I have thought about using those boxes but they were really thick.

Thanks for the links. Based on your videos, you would advise replacing the top or bottom with a spruce sound board. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. You really make a great sound uke!

I replace the bottom of the cigar box with either a spruce or cedar soundboard that is thinned down and braced so the strings can drive it...CBU#5 is x-braced. I've just been using a palm sander to thin the tops down. I use a floating bridge as I'm not confident enough to glue one down yet in the right position and the floating bridge enables you to set the intonation...Hope this helps and good luck to you...:D

Top Bottom