::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Good morning kids.

Now it is.

Had a terrible scare this morning. Michaels battalion had a bad accident while out in the field. 3 soldiers killed, 3 more injured. The online reports said it was a Bradley vehicle. Michaels in a tank but he has been known to drive other vehicles so of course I was a mess. Names were not being released to the media for obvious reasons. Because they are out in the field they don’t have their phones on. I called him repeatedly. They recalled his battalion back to base so he turned on his phone and called me while his tank was getting fueled up. I have never been so relieved.

Since he joined up this was the very scariest thing I have experienced. My stress level went through the roof, I could barely function this morning. My heart goes out to those 3 mothers and/or wives who are getting visited at their homes today. I can’t imagine their grief.

I heard about this on the news and thought of you Sally.

We're headed back to the hotel in Tampa tomorrow. I have an early appointment on Tuesday for the surgical placement of another access port in my chest. I guess this one is a tri lumen line. It'll remain in place as long as I am hospitalized....

We're headed back to the hotel in Tampa tomorrow. I have an early appointment on Tuesday for the surgical placement of another access port in my chest. I guess this one is a tri lumen line. It'll remain in place as long as I am hospitalized....

I have no idea why this one will be any different or better than the other port they already implanted....

It was wonderful having my daughter visit, but very difficult to see her go. I think she's planning another trip in December....

I heard about this on the news and thought of you Sally.

Me too. I was going to post about it but prudently waited until Sally posted about it to not cause any undue panic.
Glad Micheal is safe, peace and strength to the other families.

Well good news bad news re: testing tomorrow.
Part of the stuff I know I will do just fine.
Part of it I don't seem to have an iron grasp on.
There are five tests to take.
Two of them require passing at 90%
Those two I have down.
Three other modules are open book and you only need 70% to pass. So I figure I will still pass, but I don't know if I will get 100% correct on those modules.
My own competition with myself wants me to get 100%

In the study session today BIL definitely has some more effort to put in.

Just FYI, yes my BIL owns the boat, but BIL taking the class with me is actually the wife's brother (from New Jersey).
I think BIL'S wife was kind of counting on me to help him learn the material and pass the test. But he still needs to work harder.

I haven't used XM so I don't know much about that. I have used Pandora. I assume they are similar?
About the Kindle, I have a fire 7" and 10" tablets, I knew about rearranging the desktop. Perhaps they call it the home screen? You can do a lot of things with these units. Probably more than either of us realize. If you are a Amazon Prime member there are a lot of options there.

I see XM is Sirius radio. So satellite radio.
I usually opt for the least expensive option. I'm kinda, get the max out of your resources kinda guy. That's why I was talking about Pandora.
Also amazon Music if you are a Prime subscriber. Google will play stations, or pretty much whatever you ask for also.

Back to the Fire tablet, that I usually refer to a my Kindle, on my 7' unit, if you hold down the home button, the o looking thing at the bottom, and then you can talk to Alexa. On the 10' unit all you have to do is say "Alexa" and then whatever question you have.

Lights are back on. Yay. As it happens, I could have just turned off the switch to that light fixture and the breaker would have stayed on with TV & interwebs for all. :wallbash:

On a happier note, I realized this morning that I thought I was a year older than I really am. Yay for the fountain of youth and the truth of arithmetic. :wallbash:

On a happier note, I realized this morning that I thought I was a year older than I really am. Yay for the fountain of youth and the truth of arithmetic. :wallbash:

Um...you thought you were the wrong age...and the realization of that makes you happy???

Top Bottom