::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 17!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a frickin semi truck racetrack. They own that road. You either slot in with them or you're road cheese. There's no middle ground. They control you speed, your comfort zone, all of it. If you can't hang with one on your back bumper and your nose 25 feet from the truck in front you are done.

I got over the discomfort by the time I was 17. We have an interstate (I-64) that goes right around Ashland, and I had to drive on it every day to go to high school, then to work after school.

Found the old corn crib door today in the top of another crib. It is old, it is weathered, it is AWESOME! And I hope it will work. I also found a door that was painted green and orange and is weathered out. I don't know exactly what to do with it, but I will figure something out. Then I got some small pieces of barn wood to try out! I hope something looks good! I am excited to try it all out on Monday!

We chilled at my mom's house all day. Levi went hunting with my nephew and saw deer, but did not get any. But he is learning. He is not a crazy hunter. No deep pee and not bathing and all that. I think he enjoys the walk into the woods and the nature part the best.

Anyway, stopped by my shop to refill the humidifier and make sure I have enough heaters going. It is getting super cold! Time for home and sleep!

Yeah, bathing in deep pee is a little much.

:rotfl:

Ugh. I'm having a real bad weekend. I have to go to work later...which sucks balls too...but eh. Just gotta keep on keepin on.

Our server on the Disney Cruise had a similar story. Small kids in Jamaica and he could just make so much more money on the ship than at home. I cant remember if he had a wife, but I know he sent money home, was able to provide for his family, and loved his job. I think my housekeeper helped support his extended family. He had a checklist on his cart every day and if he was in another room and his cart was out in the hall I would write things like "We love ____" (I forgot his name), or "____ is the best!" I loved that cruise and hope we get to go on another very soon! My mom talked about doing it this upcoming year, but I think my dad vetoed it. I hold out hope for next year!!!

I gave our guy $60 at the end of the cruise last year, and you would've thought I handed him the world. He stayed around and talked for nearly a half hour after he finished cleaning and told us about home. And how our girls reminded him of his kids back home. He said he sent everything but a few dollars home every month, since his housing and food were all paid for. When I asked him if he took time off the ship to keep from going bonkers, he said, "No, I would be tempted to spend money if I did. I save every little extra bit to go home for my 3 months off every year." At this point, I pulled out another 20 dollar bill to hand to him, and he waved his hand and said, "NO! Take that money and buy something nice for your babies. I've got something special I want to give them from me." He went to his cart and got 2 wash clothes and a hand towel. He tied knots in them and shaped them, and after a couple of minutes, he had a cat and a mouse.

He winked at the girls and said, "These two little fellows want to stow away in your luggage, and go home with you." What a nice guy.

I got over the discomfort by the time I was 17. We have an interstate (I-64) that goes right around Ashland, and I had to drive on it every day to go to high school, then to work after school.

I drove all over the freeways of the San Francisco Bay Area from age 16. Never traded paint with anyone. Several hours of close formation is a little different. Needs a lot of concentration but a relaxed attitude to do it well.

I drove all over the freeways of the San Francisco Bay Area from age 16. Never traded paint with anyone. Several hours of close formation is a little different. Needs a lot of concentration but a relaxed attitude to do it well.

Drove on L.A. freeways when I was 35. Worst driving experience of my life. Total white knuckle driving.

Drove on San Franciso Bay freeways a few years later. Not easy by any stretch of the imagination, but a piece of cake compared to L.A.

It's a sad day. At this moment, 10:18pm 0n 23 November 2013, the thread is off the "What's New" board.

The shame. The sorrow!

This is the slowest couple of days I've seen in awhile.

Saturday is kind of typical, but Friday was waaaayyyy slower than I've ever seen.

IT folks...

My work computer uses internet explorer 8.

I guess 9 is the next logical step, but is it the newest IE?

And what are your opinions on the higher forms of IE?

Last edited:
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 0 guests)
gyosh

Where'd you go?!

I'm going to attempt to rectify that situation, and give Rob some to read again, in the morning.

(You can quote this post, Rob.)

(You can quote this post too, Rob.)

(Might as well quote this one too.)

There ya go all quoted.

You can kiss me if you want.

I won't consider it creepy.

But I would.

Ugh. I'm having a real bad weekend. I have to go to work later...which sucks balls too...but eh. Just gotta keep on keepin on.

Sorry you had to go to work. I hope things get resolved soon.

Thread Information
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 0 guests)
Ukulelerob

OK, got my middle of the night stuff done. Back to dreamland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom