Strap users: one button or two??

Two buttons for me as well. I'm not a fan how the strap can get in the way (to me anyway) when you tie it to the headstock.

My first three ukes (bari and 2 tenors) came secondhand with dual buttons pre-installed by HMS.

I have never used a strap before on my mando-family instruments, but found that one helped to stabilize the ukes' much lighter bodies, which wanted to move around much more than the aforementioned instruments ever do. That goes for sitting as well as standing, to my surprise. But my fourth and final uke, a Tiny Tenor, has no buttons, and I find that its unique, more mando-like shape is easier to hold onto without a strap.

I don't think I'd ever want to attach a strap anywhere on the headstock of any instrument. I don't know if it would get in my way physically, but I think it would annoyingly intrude on my peripheral vision.

bratsche

I have strap buttons on most of my ukes, but I seldom use a strap, when I do, it is usually the button on the heel, (not the butt), that I use, with the strap looped around my neck.

Two strap buttons on all except one ukulele, a Outdoor Ukulele Tenor. I am in process of sourcing the correct machine screw and nylock nut to put the second one on myself.

Top Bottom