::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Asian league team?

Yup. LA has a lot of them too.

There was a lot of hatred towards the Chinese then the Japanese in the years preceding WWII (after too, but you know what I mean). They wouldn't let Japanese kids join sports programs like little league, basketball, tennis etc. so they formed their own leagues and played other "Nikkei" (Japanese) teams up and down the state of California, Oregon and Washington.

Yup. LA has a lot of them too.

There was a lot of hatred towards the Chinese then the Japanese in the years preceding WWII (after too, but you know what I mean). They wouldn't let Japanese kids join sports programs like little league, basketball, tennis etc. so they formed their own leagues and played other "Nikkei" (Japanese) teams up and down the state of California, Oregon and Washington.

Agreed but that seems terribly outdated now. Is it open to everyone?

Freezing rain last night. Everything was coated with a layer of ice. I think it's working on melting now?

One more for a mini?

Oh, I ordered a melodica from Amz.

I'm sure I'll sound just like this???

I can’t believe that still exists and no ones challenged it.

Private club?
I mean hey, there is still Kamehameha Schools in Hawaii.
Private education funded by Royal trust.
They give preference to those of Hawaiian descent to the maximum allowed by law.

Private club?
I mean hey, there is still Kamehameha Schools in Hawaii.
Private education funded by Royal trust.
They give preference to those of Hawaiian descent to the maximum allowed by law.

As there are for a lot indigenous people. And rightly so.

A kids sports team only for one race?

As there are for a lot indigenous people. And rightly so.

A kids sports team only for one race?

Just providing some perspective.
Private groups are able to control their memberships.
Just ask any private golf club how easy it is to get in, even if you have the $, if you don't "fit in."

I'm not saying I agree or approve of or support the practice, only showing that plenty of private organizations have segregation that is alive and well, call it what you will. And it is not illegal.

Top Bottom