::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Surgery postponed for 2 weeks. I’m fine, but Mrs Pere has a head cold (no fever or coughing) so they put me on the bench. Of course, the corona virus issues will be much more pressing in 2 weeks than they are now so I’m concerned that it will be scrubbed for the foreseeable future.

Surgery postponed for 2 weeks. I’m fine, but Mrs Pere has a head cold (no fever or coughing) so they put me on the bench. Of course, the corona virus issues will be much more pressing in 2 weeks than they are now so I’m concerned that it will be scrubbed for the foreseeable future.

Oh no. Hope you're doing okay.

Mika is braving a Costco run right now. She sent me a picture for people trying to buy toilet paper. The line starts a few carts outside and goes to the back of the store where they have someone distributing rather than a public free-for-all.

I asked her to pick up canned tuna, spam and corned beef and a variety of pasta as well as canned tomatoes. Just in case people around here go crazy on groceries too.

Crazy times.

I hope this is something that postponing doesn't hurt?

Well crap. Sorry about that.

btw stopped at costco and it was like the end of the world. Canned goods aisle almost sold out....frozen foods ransacked....no chicken cutlets or ground turkey.....plenty of water....did not see tp...if I need some I am raiding Tammy!!

She might have a square or two to spare.

Our Costco was kind of crazy, but the shelves weren’t cleared out. Me n the missus are working toward social distancing because of our age, RL Kid’s susceptibility due to TS-21, and her parents who are fragile. We’ve discussed the possibility of Mrs Pere living with her mother if necessary.

In other news, we’ve gotten the keys out of her hands and the cars sold. I’m going ahead with my face surgery tomorrow.

Hope it goes/is going/went alright. Poho mojo for you, Pere.

They announced the school closing just before lunch. My class is after lunch.

Out of 28 kids for culinary I have 10 in attendance.

Stupid admin! What'd they think would happen?!

I was listening to a CDC doctor on the radio. She said unless you MUST get on a plane, don’t. Cancel all absolutely unnecessary travel by plane.

Unless this fog lifts, I’m not going to UWC. It breaks my heart but my health and the health of my friends and family, and the public is way more important. If I could drive there I would but that’s not going to happen.

I bought my ticket a fews days ago, but now rethinking.

The gods must be angry. We're having an apocalyptic thunderstorm, quite suitable for a Friday the 13th. Lightning & thunder, rain & hail. The pool level has risen at least an inch in 25 minutes. I wonder if it will overflow? There's only about an inch of headroom left.

Last edited:
Mika is braving a Costco run right now. She sent me a picture for people trying to buy toilet paper. The line starts a few carts outside and goes to the back of the store where they have someone distributing rather than a public free-for-all.

I asked her to pick up canned tuna, spam and corned beef and a variety of pasta as well as canned tomatoes. Just in case people around here go crazy on groceries too.

Crazy times.

The post office just delivered my 96 rolls of TP about an hour ago. Why anyone would choose to fight the crowds when Amazon still has some is beyond me.

The gods must be angry. We're having an apocalyptic thunderstorm, quite suitable for a Friday the 13th. Lightning & thunder, rain & hail. The pool level has risen at least an inch in 25 minutes. I wonder if it will overflow? There's only about an inch of headroom left.

We have had snow today. Nothing sticking, but it's cold cold cold. The weather people say we could wake up to white grounds in the morning.

I think if it were me I’d just put everything off until next year. I really don’t think this is going to go away anytime soon. We’ve cancelled all sorts of events at the school we had planned. If the MLB, NBA, Live Nation, NHL, Disney Parks and other groups are postponing all of this, I think everyone needs to take this very serious and just hunker down and wash your hands. Life will return to normal eventually, but we all really need to listen to the CDC.

The owner of the brewery thinks that this will be at least 2 months if not more before things get better. He also thinks that the beer will be needed by stores as people will drink but may not come to pub for beer and food.

Mailman. Wearing a mask does nothing to protect you. If you are ill it may protect others but it doesn’t protect you from someone else’s illness. This is well documented.

Aren’t you headed to New York?

In New York, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced Tuesday that officials are implementing a "containment area" centered in New Rochelle, a suburb of New York City. Within the containment area, a 1-mile radius, large gathering places will be closed for two weeks, officials said. That includes schools and places of worship.

I wear the masks at the insistence of my oncologist. I'm going with him on this one....:D

Top Bottom