FS: Two Great Kiwaya Sopranos (KTS-4) (KS-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

efiscella

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Both (together):
KTS-4 $375. sold
KS-5 $300 sold

Price includes: Shipping and insurance CONUS

I purchased these this year to give them a try. I saw both of these in the market place, knew they came from great homes and were well cared for, and knew I would be getting a great representation of a solid mahogany and Koa laminate from Kiwaya. For the past few years, I have been helping Alvin Okami to distribute his new Wow, Banger, and AO sopranos from UkeSA. I try to compare them to other great sopranos on the market. I had never played the Kiwaya ukes and wanted to try them to get first hand experience. I can now pass these beauties on.

These are really great ukes. What I had heard about these, and now discovered first hand, is that these are excellent ukuleles. I compared them both to my vintage Martin Style 0 and there is not much difference. Actually, there is not a lot of difference between the KS-5 and the KTS-4. I would have to say that both have great clarity, projection, tone, and easy playability. The KTS-4 has a bit longer sustain comparing favorably to the vintage Martin, while the KS-5 has more of a mid-range tone comparing favorably to my 1997 early KoAloha soprano.

You can't beat these beauties, especially for the price. They live up to the great reviews that I saw from Ken Middleton and Bazmaz

Available- $300
Kiwaya KS-5 Koa Laminate, upgraded UPT tuners, set up from HMS, strap buttons (no case)
IMG_0166.jpgIMG_0163.jpgIMG_0167.jpgIMG_0101.jpgIMG_0162.jpg

Last edited:
pm sent to you

Gold UPTs, nice, thanks Ed! That uke is gorgeous! I previously owned one, and they are wonderful sopranos. The low action/frets, wide nut and string spacing makes them a dream to play, much more so that the usual 35mm nut soprano.

I found that the body on mine was slightly deeper than many other sopranos (57/62.5mm at the top/bottom, as opposed to vintage Martin 51.6/58.6mm top/bottom), which contributes to the the great volume and projection. I'm sure the buyer will be a very happy camper!

Last edited:
I used to own that exact ks-5. It is the nicest playing uke I have ever owned, and sounds as good as most solid wood ukes. I only sold it to help fund another uke I was curious about. KS-5's incredible, as good as everyone says. I'll probably buy another some day. Someone should snap this up.

Everything you said about this uke is great, and the condition is spectacular.

I used to own that exact ks-5. It is the nicest playing uke I have ever owned, and sounds as good as most solid wood ukes. I only sold it to help fund another uke I was curious about. KS-5's incredible, as good as everyone says. I'll probably buy another some day. Someone should snap this up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom