Kamaka?

That's great! A Kamaka hard case for less than $30!

Uh, maybe they meant you could put your Kamaka in it?

eBay is very loose about things like that. They seem to have a hands off attitude about listings and sellers.

I don’t like the “range” pricing they permit on items. How can you find the cheapest tuner, when the ad is for tuners...and guitar picks?

A while ago I bought something on eBay and the seller posted that it was shipped and delivered within 30 seconds. Then they inputted fake tracking info that was from a package that didn’t have anything to do with me, but was delivered to the city I live in. Don’t know how the seller got that tracking info, but it took 5 calls to India, two calls to Fedex and a transfer to a “supervisor” in America to get that straightened out. :)

eBay is very loose about things like that. They seem to have a hands off attitude about listings and sellers.

I don’t like the “range” pricing they permit on items. How can you find the cheapest tuner, when the ad is for tuners...and guitar picks?

A while ago I bought something on eBay and the seller posted that it was shipped and delivered within 30 seconds. Then they inputted fake tracking info that was from a package that didn’t have anything to do with me, but was delivered to the city I live in. Don’t know how the seller got that tracking info, but it took 5 calls to India, two calls to Fedex and a transfer to a “supervisor” in America to get that straightened out. :)

Wow, that's pretty crazy! At least they let you sort by "price + shipping" since there are some pretty outrageous shipping prices attached to super cheap item prices.

"...Outdoor Travel Box..."

I don't think I have one of them. :D

Look at all the other words the ad has. They just want to capture the largest audience possible. Anyone searching for Kamaka would see that case - and maybe buy it. Someone in our group has a case like that - very nice. Good price for a hard concert case.

...there are some pretty outrageous shipping prices attached to super cheap item prices.

Yes, it's funny how that works. The seller wants to receive a certain amount of money, so he decides how to price the item and how to price the shipping. What I hate is paying a high price for slow shipping. I've seen the same item on eBay - from the same seller - with vastly different prices, but adding in the shipping makes them equal. Maybe it has something to do with booking on the part of the buyer. Shipping might belong to a different budget.

It's pretty common with snowboarding kit, among others, to put something like "NOT Burton Libtech Gnu" in a listing, so that all the people searching for those brands will see the ad, but no actual rules will have been broken.

It's pretty common with snowboarding kit, among others, to put something like "NOT Burton Libtech Gnu" in a listing, so that all the people searching for those brands will see the ad, but no actual rules will have been broken.

Yeah, another click bait tactic when selling ukes: "XYZ Cheapo brand tenor...Martin strings" :D At least this ad would be true!

But really, that uke case on eBay has absolutely nothing to do with Kamaka. If I was them, I wouldn't be happy about someone else profiting off Kamaka's good name and reputation. Plus, I wouldn't be caught dead carrying that cheesy looking case! Tweed is as far as I'll go! :)

Last edited:
There’s at least 3 listings like that. 036CAC7C-5D63-4EC8-B91B-672060360329.jpg

There’s also an option to report it to eBay. CDBB1FB1-1A6F-493A-835B-58831E12BDDB.jpg

2 of my friends use those cases....but they don't play Kamakas, they play something much cheaper.
I doubt if I'd put an expensive uke in it.

Top Bottom