Jupiter Ukulele Tenor #77 - Mini Review & Sound Sample

Larry U

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I put together a little video review and sound sample of my new Jupiter Tenor. I'm having a great time with this beautiful custom instrument.

Thanks for watching! Let me know if you have any questions of comments (and please remind me to make the next video with a better background than my cluttered man cave! ;))

Nice! :shaka: Worth Browns?

Thank you for the sound sample. It has such a sweet, balanced voice. Sounds as good as it looks!

Bluesy.

Nice! :shaka: Worth Browns?
Thanks!

Oasis right now. They’re OK but I’m not in love with them. I’ll give them a little more time to see if they “ripen”, but if not, I’ll go with either Worth Browns or Uke Logic. Probably Uke Logic.

Thank you for the sound sample. It has such a sweet, balanced voice. Sounds as good as it looks!

Bluesy.
Thanks, I’m real pleased with everything about it.

Really nice looking and sounding uke. Seems to have really nice clarity.

Oasis right now. They’re OK but I’m not in love with them. I’ll give them a little more time to see if they “ripen”, but if not, I’ll go with either Worth Browns or Uke Logic. Probably Uke Logic.

TBH, I had the same thought about the low G - ok, but might could be better. I was going to recommend Living Water since I haven't tried Uke Logic. Maybe the Pepe Romero set but it has a wound low G.

Congrats, it's quite lovely.

TBH, I had the same thought about the low G - ok, but might could be better. I was going to recommend Living Water since I haven't tried Uke Logic. Maybe the Pepe Romero set but it has a wound low G.
Half the fun of a new ukulele is finding the right string combination. :p

Congrats and thanks for sharing! This is the 4th sound sample i've seen of 4 different Jupiter Ukes (two tenors, two guileles), and I've been very impressed by the elegant and tasteful design/appointments. More importantly (to me) I've been been floored by the balanced tone and sustain. For the prices i've seen advertised on these models, these instruments outclass some instruments at twice their cost ~

Regarding the low G; to my ears I think a flat wound string would definitely enhance the tone, but often these choices come down to personal likes and preferences ~

Regarding the low G; to my ears I think a flat wound string would definitely enhance the tone, but often these choices come down to personal likes and preferences ~
Definitely worth trying the TI-30. I have that as an F string on the baritone guitalele. The tenor guitalele has the Romero wound which isn't flat but also works well. Of course both of those have two deeper wound strings underneath them, so could be different if they were the only one in a 4 string set.

Wow! Snargle, it sounds every bit as good as it looks. And it looks great! Congratulations.

I put together a little video review and sound sample of my new Jupiter Tenor. I'm having a great time with this beautiful custom instrument.

Thanks for watching! Let me know if you have any questions of comments (and please remind me to make the next video with a better background than my cluttered man cave! ;))

Wow! Snargle, it sounds every bit as good as it looks. And it looks great! Congratulations.

I agree! Thanks for the sound sample and review.

I agree: Beautiful looks and sound. Snargle, a while back did you write that Jonathan Dale is a snow bird and will be leaving Pennsylvania soon for the South? Your story and the final product make me think I might want to take the three hour trip to visit him - in the Spring.

Thanks for the feedback!
I agree! Thanks for the sound sample and review.
Thank you for listening!
I agree: Beautiful looks and sound. Snargle, a while back did you write that Jonathan Dale is a snow bird and will be leaving Pennsylvania soon for the South? Your story and the final product make me think I might want to take the three hour trip to visit him - in the Spring.

He's got a winter home in Jupiter, Florida (hence the name!) and I think he'll be heading South soon. I'm sure that Jon would be happy to meet with you when he returns and discuss a possible custom instrument. He's very easy to deal with and definitely knows what he's doing. Being able to go through his tone wood stash and pick out the specific pieces for your personal instrument is a great experience.

Top Bottom