::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

The last time I broke a few ribs I was 19.

I'm pretty sure I was almost back to normal already. I remember soreness after a couple weeks but not pain. Right now, 11 days later, I'm still in lots of pain. I would welcome soreness instead of these shooting pains I get when I stand too long, sit too long in a hard chair or a chair with no back support, move too much, lean over, hiccup, burp, laugh, cough, sneeze.

Gary's tip: Don't break your ribs.

How far is Kenvin from NYC? (geographic idiot here)

We're heading out there for a few days in June to take advantage of some flight vouchers.

How far is Kenvin from NYC? (geographic idiot here)

We're heading out there for a few days in June to take advantage of some flight vouchers.

I'm not sure which town he's near. Harrisburg is 170 mi they say. I don't think he is that far. Maybe Trenton/Philly area?

We missed them for our dates. But in response Hawaiian and Alaska both dropped their prices so our flight got much cheaper too.

winning

The Southwest sale sold out really fast! Sheryl kept texting me flight times and prices yesterday. I had to remind her that we already have a trip to Kauai booked and paid for in the beginning of July...

The last time I broke a few ribs I was 19.

I'm pretty sure I was almost back to normal already. I remember soreness after a couple weeks but not pain. Right now, 11 days later, I'm still in lots of pain. I would welcome soreness instead of these shooting pains I get when I stand too long, sit too long in a hard chair or a chair with no back support, move too much, lean over, hiccup, burp, laugh, cough, sneeze.

Gary's tip: Don't break your ribs.

And don't get old?

The Southwest sale sold out really fast! Sheryl kept texting me flight times and prices yesterday. I had to remind her that we already have a trip to Kauai booked and paid for in the beginning of July...

What week?

We'll be there too but it might be later. Not sure if Kauai is before or after the uke festival.

Some of the fares were too cheap to pass up though. She didn't confirm, but I have a feeling she booked a few round trip flights for under $200.00 and plans for us to go for a long weekend.

It's really sad. And a bit scary, that I'm the voice of reason when it comes to financial matters.

I have been using a French press for coffee quite a bit. We use a Mr. Coffee pot for the first time in the morning. And it's, ok. But brewing for about four minutes in the press gets a lot more richness out of the coffee.
I use a Arabica French roast from the store. Toast those beans well please.

Ok Jon: Ready, set, go!

What week?

We'll be there too but it might be later. Not sure if Kauai is before or after the uke festival.

We leave July 5. Only there for 4 nights - the girls will be at camp, but because Annie is only 7 we don't get a full week away.

I have been using a French press for coffee quite a bit. We use a Mr. Coffee pot for the first time in the morning. And it's, ok. But brewing for about four minutes in the press gets a lot more richness out of the coffee.
I use a Arabica French roast from the store. Toast those beans well please.

Ok Jon: Ready, set, go!

Wow, Rob! You are getting to be all fancy! Ben likes French press best; I prefer drip.

Wow, Rob! You are getting to be all fancy! Ben likes French press best; I prefer drip.

In fact, Ben has a French press that's shaped like R2D2...geek.

(Okay, we gave it to him for Christmas a couple years ago. His first one broke and Think Geek replaced it for free - design defect.)

When it rains it pours.

The Cousins contacted me last night in a might bit of a tizzy.

Seems that all the snow they had gotten up in the hills turns into water when the temperatures warm up quickly for an extended period.

A few years back they got the brilliant idea to install a sump pump in their cabin. Only when they installed the discharge pipe they buried it in the ground so that the exit was also buried.

Now think about that for a minute. You have water being shot out of a 1.5" pipe at a rather high volume/rate. Then you bury the exit of the pipe in the dirt, effectively plugging it.

Now between you, me, and this here fence post, I told them that burying the pipe might not be the wisest thing. Oh no, I was told that the earth absorbs water just fine.

That is until the earth is saturated and you are still trying to shoot a high volume of water into it. Much like blasting a water cannon at a cement wall.

So I get this call last night and it appears that the pump was running, the water wasn't going down, and then like Old Faithful erupting, the discharge pipe separated from the pump sending a column of water shooting up in the crawl space of the cabin.

And that was the reason for the Cousins calling in a tizzy.

After a bit of talking I was able to calm them down enough to figure out what was going on. After being told about this column of water shooting up in the crawl space I'm racing for the garage, while still on the phone, to grab some tools. I ask them what they need - towels, buckets, hose clamps, etc.

Soap.

Soap?

Turns out that their next door neighbor was planning on throwing a baby shower for her best friend, and when she saw that plume of water shooting up in the air, well she thought it was the best place and time for the shower. And the figured that no shower was complete without soap. And being the Cousins, they hadn't made a fresh batch of soap. So they were calling to ask me to bring over some of that fancy "store bought soap", with it being a special occasion and all.

I couldn't decide which situation to tackle first: the fact that having a mini geyser in their crawl space was not good, or telling them that a baby shower isn't actually an event where friends and family gather to bath a baby.

In the end I just said, "Ok" and picked up some corndogs on the way over.

Because if you are going to have a baby shower, you might as well throw in hotdogs and cornbread. And what better way to serve them than to mix the two together.

Less people, less thoughts, less topics.

But on the flip side of that . . . I'm more productive than I've been since about 2010. :)

Fewer people, fewer thoughts, fewer topics.

But on the flip side of that . . . It's still fun to correct Gary! :D

Top Bottom