NUD: 3D Printed Ukulele (Now Printing)

AustinHing

Reaction score
So I have a friend who’s into 3D printing and you would have guessed what I have asked of him.

So here’s the neck:
076416F5-7348-4213-A9F1-9E9CAD5CC2E8.jpg
7912A39D-AFA3-4F39-A8A2-AEBC7E224181.jpg
6626C3D9-6223-445B-8E02-AF0AAB5EA9EE.jpg

The material (filament) is a composite of wood and plastic. So I’m not sure of the appropriate adhesive to use. Is anyone familiar with this kind of adhesive?
I have not seen his 3D model yet and is wondering how the body would look like. The printer takes a whole day just to print a section out, and the body will be in halves as well.

Your friend should know the right adhesive(s). I'm sure he must know for the materials he is using. You may, or may not, want to reinforce areas like the neck, attachment points. Etc.

Looks like a fun and very intriguing project.

Best of luck with it and keep us informed about how it progresses.

I would think that epoxy would be the best choice. You might also try posting in the luthier's lounge section of the forum. Lots of experienced builders there.

Your friend should know the right adhesive(s). I'm sure he must know for the materials he is using. You may, or may not, want to reinforce areas like the neck, attachment points. Etc.

Looks like a fun and very intriguing project.

Best of luck with it and keep us informed about how it progresses.

He’s reading up on a stronger adhesive after I shared on the string tension. Good points on reinforcement on the joints. However we will likely try out without additional support. Hope it won’t snap in my face. Haha.

Thanks, Kenn, will keep all posted.

I would think that epoxy would be the best choice. You might also try posting in the luthier's lounge section of the forum. Lots of experienced builders there.

Thank you for the suggestion. Will look into it.

Top Bottom