::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Houseguest for the night!
She arrives in a couple of hours, we are going to pick her up, take her to dinner and maybe some music, then she's off at 2pm.

She's a flight attendant.

Also it looks like the standard sedan is going away and we are going to be driving crossovers, SUVs and trucks.

Also it looks like the standard sedan is going away and we are going to be driving crossovers, SUVs and trucks.

This is true. I was surprised to see the recent moves by auto makers to discontinue sedans. I guess they need to build what sells the best....

What I really don't like is the auto makers' push to force us into autonomous vehicles. They, and apparently the government, want us all in self-driving cars.

Each year the new models come equipped with more and more autonomous features. Self-parking, self-braking, self-steering, collision avoidance, and who knows what else.

I don't mind technological advances that help the driver see better, hear better, or offer assistance to driving functions using driver input. Anti-lock brakes, power steering and brakes, rear-view cameras, and warning lights or keepers are fine with me. But, I don't want anything on my vehicle that takes control of any driving function.

If this trend continues, I may never buy another new vehicle. I just don't want these things in my car. I'd rather buy an older, used car, and avoid their push toward autonomous vehicles....

What I really don't like is the auto makers' push to force us into autonomous vehicles. They, and apparently the government, want us all in self-driving cars.

Each year the new models come equipped with more and more autonomous features. Self-parking, self-braking, self-steering, collision avoidance, and who knows what else.

I don't mind technological advances that help the driver see better, hear better, or offer assistance to driving functions using driver input. Anti-lock brakes, power steering and brakes, rear-view cameras, and warning lights or keepers are fine with me. But, I don't want anything on my vehicle that takes control of any driving function.

If this trend continues, I may never buy another new vehicle. I just don't want these things in my car. I'd rather buy an older, used car, and avoid their push toward autonomous vehicles....

Some of it seems like a bit much, that's for sure.
Here's something, the technology is there, make no excessive speed possible. The speed limit plus maybe 5 mph. The gps knows what the speed allowed is on all major roads.
I guess that might not be good if you needed to get out of the way in a hurry?
Heck, your telephone knows where you are.
Just a thought.

My guess is that safety studies prove that humans make more mistakes than computers

Top Bottom